Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

View Poll Results: Did Taylor Swift deserve the award?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 10:04 PM

Ummm.I believe that Taylor Swift got to go up on stage when Beyonce won her award.I mean Beyonce didn't even make a statment or anything like that when Taylor Swift won her award,so really I think it shouldn't be a big deal.I found it funny actually.Taylor Swift was ok with it so why isn't everyone else.I mean it's not like Taylor Swift didn't get to say anything.She did.And besides,Kanye West is a good rapper/singer,but he just kinda had to make a really stupid comment at the wrong time.Honestly,Kanye should have waited til' Taylor was done,then he could've but it's not like he said that Beyonce was better.He said (quote:"No offence,but Beyonce is the greatest of all time":unquote)so we shouldn't call him racist or anything like that cause to be honest,he doesn't seem like it.Obviously he just likes Beyonce more,as a singer,than he does Taylor Swift.There is a huge difference b/w them anywayz.To be honest,she didn't really really deserve it as much as some of the other nominees did.They hung around longer than her and I think they didn't get a Moonman before,so is it really fair?I'm a fan of basically everything so I'm very equal amongst Taylor Swift and Beyonce,concluding the fact that I do like Taylor Swift better since Beyonce had already won one,but I just believe that Kanye kinda should have said that because there is such a thing as trends and some kids/teens find Taylor to be awsome so they tell their friends and friends tell their friends and so on and then the kids/teens will believe that Taylor is the best singer and nobody else is,so really he had to point out that she isn't the best singer since there are,obviously,better singers than her.I do like the song,and I do like Beyonce's as well,so it wasn't much of a fight.

P.S.-It kinda was a good thing Kanye said that,but he did it at the wrong time.Shame on you Kanye!SHAME ON YOUUU!

Last edited by xXGrimReaperXx : 09-14-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-14-2009, 10:48 PM

The problem is this is not the first time he's done this and every time he does have an outburst like this, its always against someone white or because he thinks he's godly. He's done this quite a few times before actually at awards shows, several times jumping on stage and arguing with the decision. Also, his attitude afterwards has made it worse. If you condone his behavior, you are condoning the actions of a BULLY. He embarassed a teenage girl and he made Beyonce look like a fool on top of it. He is an embarassment to music.

I really disagree with you, Taylor is very talented. Kanye acted like Beyonce was robbed blind and Taylor was clearly upset by it. She nearly cried on stage, I think that is a pretty clear sign it bothered her. Even afterwards when she talked about it, she still was obviously upset. I'm sorry, but you are as blind and ignorant as Kanye if you believe she was "ok" with what he did.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Default 09-15-2009, 07:16 PM

Like I said,Kanye was a retard and went onstage and did it.I truely do not even think it was ok for him to do it at that time.He could've said it afterwards,but not right there in front of them.It was idiotic,but I don't see a reason for Taylor ot get upset.I mean yes she was upset and you can see that,but it's not like we were shocked or amazed that he would do that since he already did that before.Kanye shouldn't be banned from MTV.That's a horrible idea because all that'll do is cause more problems with his fans and then alot more people would not watch MTV and go against MTV,making MTV hated by people so less people would watch MTV ofen.Kayne just made the wrong move,and all he needs to do is TRY to make everyone forgive him,but that might take a long time for the Taylor Swift fans out there.And,I could obviously see in her eyes that Taylor seriously wanted to be the crap outta him for doing what he did because it was her moment,but I think Beyonce should have given Taylor a hug,if she didn't,after when she went up again to make it official since she was interupted by Kanye.Honestly,I believe that all that did was make Kanye look like a fool and make Taylor look better.Who knows;maybe he did that to increase Taylor's popularity by making people pay more attention to her.I think that isn't the point,but he's so stupid.If that was me,I would've quit my music buisness forever or at least do a series of things for her.I don'tthink she cried though.She seemed a little shocked,tho.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM

That's a very foolish way of thinking, Reaper. In case you didn't know, there are a LOT of people who think Kanye was right, which is just outright pathetic. He was a jack-ass and deserves all the criticism he's going to get. We hate him BECAUSE he's done this before; to do it to a young girl who's just gotten her first award at only 19 is unforgivable and he SHOULD be banned from future events because he's a pr*ck and doesn't deserve any good publicity after this.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-17-2009, 06:50 AM

It's funny, right after the awards, the next day, more and more of Taylor's albums were sold. People were feeling bad for her, so why not buy her cd? I would have...if I didn't already have it. :]

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#16 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Default 09-18-2009, 10:56 AM

Ok.How bout this?Did anyone think that this was staged?Because I happened to notice something:the camera was focused on Beyonce right after he made the comment.I mean like 2 seconds later,it was alreadt focused on her.And she was smiling about it,like she couldn't not laugh.I mean I'm just starting to believe it's staged now because if you watch it more and more you'd think it was.I just think that it's a way for MTV to become more popular and if it's staged,MTV's sure fooling alot of people.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM

I don't think MTV would so something THAT stupid. There would be no reason, and it makes sense that it's NOT stage because Kanye has already done something like this before. After all, MTV was trying to have a kind and peaceful evening as they said in the beginning with the tribute to Michael Jackson. I don't think MTV would like to give themselves a bad name, and embarass Taylor Swift and possibly even Beyonce.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Default 09-18-2009, 12:21 PM

True.Never thought of it like that.Thank you I mean there is a chance that Kanye wanted to end his career so he did that.Maybe he did,maybe he didn't,but all I say now is "It's been a few days and peopel are still argueing over it.WTFrench Toast ppl?I mean it's not like she got beat up by Chris Brown.Ooh yeah!Kanye said something really mean to Taylor Swift.I's HER.Not US.HER.If she hates him so much,why doesn't she do something about it.I think maybe that's why some record companies and such don't like letting people who like to dis other people be famous.I mean if everyone's ahting on Kanye right now,would it make a difference if you were famous?Yes it would,because you wouldn't care.All you would say is 'Ok.Kanye did this.He's a ga.yfish.Tell me something I didn't know.I mean really."So That's my opinion.I literally said that today.I was talking ot myself.It's really boring in my house,you know?Anywayz,there really is no reason to be argueing over it.It's over.Done.I mean all this leads to is arguing anywayz.God.