Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM

I don't dislike him as a person - he could very well be a sweet and charming kid, but his music style is just not something I'm in to.

Unfortunately, tween celebrities are growing increasingly popular among little kids, which is why some have staying power, yet haven't got any talent. Eg, if I mention "Hannah Montana" to a five year old girl, they'd say, "She's amazing and awesome at singing!" but you mention her to someone older (over 16), they'll act as if you just said the worst possible name imaginable and glare at you while saying something like, "I'm planning her murder now." xD

It seems like real talent just isn't coming through anymore. Instead, we get these teeny-boppers or Disney stars who THINK they have talent, but their only fan-base are those under 13 who have no clue what talent is.

It depresses me. If you make a five year old choose between The Beatles and Hannah Montana, they'd pick Hannah Montana. Children have no taste. >.<

Like I said though, this kid could be a nice guy, but his music... it's just not my kind of thing.

From my personal experience though, I know people who are over 13 - even over 18! - and still like Miley Cyrus (none of which are my friends, but usually the preppy snobs I used to go to school with), and I also know a lot of younger teens, from 10-13, that like her. I'm not saying all kids under 13 do, and kids over that age don't, I'm simply stating that her fans are generally in the 5-13 year old range. However, that's not important, because this isn't ABOUT who like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana or not, it's about this new kid.

This kid's actually doing very well in Canada, or at least in my part of Canada. That's what my brother tells me, at least, because no one I know talks about him. I had no idea who he was until a couple days ago when my brother wanted to show me so I could make fun of Justin Beiber with him. xD

Last edited by Miranda_ : 06-27-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM

Haha nice :{D
Justin is..I just don't know anymore.I just am waiting til he makes another songs so we can all make fun of him for that one as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
CH4CHii_B_dAt_CHiCK (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 2.00 Average
Default 10-25-2009, 03:22 PM

well he not "the best" but his songs are okay i used to watch his youtube vids. all the time.

CREDIT: Kiwi_Kat
Thank you I L.O.V.E it (:
(#14 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 03-20-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover642 View Post
^ Agreed.

What is music coming to? His voice is horrible, and the song is annoying. I can tell, his isn't going to make it big.
Obviously your predictions are wroing Delaney. I think his first album that only has 8 songs has already gone double platnium.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 03-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Still, I think he's annoying. I know he's done great and all, but I still don't think he's going to be remembered from now. Yes, he makes good club music, but I don't think that it shows any value from him, which is what I like to see from a artist.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-20-2010, 09:34 PM

Club music? What kind of club? A club for screaming p'reteen girls? XD I can hardly see One Time being played in any club that I would ever go to. Of course, maybe the clubs I go to are "lame" because they play actual music and not that pre-pubescent crud.

Nobody I know likes this kid. Nobody over 14 likes this kid. We all laugh and poke fun at him because he hasn't hit puberty. Once his voice starts cracking, there goes his popularity.

I remember the first time I heard Justin Beiber... My brother asked me if I knew who he was, and I said no, so he showed my his One Time video on YouTube. I died a little on the inside.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 03-20-2010 at 09:42 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM

I think that sure he's good for some people, others not.
No matter how bad people say he is, I have some pretty creeperish over obsessed Justin Bieber fans.Sure he wont last forever, like Micheal Jackson or Madonna or Elvis and whatever, but he'll make it for a year or two more, maybe 3. who knows, considering 9 year olds love him and he's already gone double- platinum.
Who knows what might happen...

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 03-21-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Nobody I know likes this kid. Nobody over 14 likes this kid.
I like this kid. Tenisha likes this kid. xD
His songs are actually pretty catchy, and when he's older I have a feeling that boy is going to be adorable.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#19 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-21-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimaie View Post
I like this kid. Tenisha likes this kid. xD
His songs are actually pretty catchy, and when he's older I have a feeling that boy is going to be adorable.
I had NO idea who y'all were talking about so I had to Google him. My hubby heard about him through a radio interview, he said he sounded like a girl xD

I found a few songs by him and I have to agree, he sounds like a girl, lol! His songs are VERY catchy and something I would TOTALLY listen to IF his voice was a little more manly.

My husband made a very funny, sad, but true statement: When that boy's balls drop and his voice starts to crack his career will be over xD

Isn't he like 16? What's taking so long? My brother is like 15 and he sounds WAY older than this kid.

Anywho, catchy songs, I like his style...but I'll be waiting for his voice to start and stop cracking before I can sit down and enjoy his music.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Justin Bieber is cute...but to be honest, he sounds like a girl. There are a few songs of his that I like, but I have a feeling puberty is gonna hit him hard(: haha, if he hasn't already...he's already 17. Idk, I like him(:

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..