Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Chris Brown & Rihanna-Thoughts? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/20897-chris-brown-rihanna-thoughts.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-05-2009 03:46 PM

Chris Brown & Rihanna-Thoughts?

Chris Brown Charged With Two Felonies - E! Online

A few weeks back, Brown was arrested for an alleged attack against an unknown female. I learned through my roommates(one of whom has family who was with Rihanna in the hospital and has a personal relationship with her), that Rihanna was the victim at the time. Over these past couple of weeks, there certainly hasn't been much information released, but I have been following this story avidly due to the domestic violence aspect of it. There apparently has been a development today though.

Well, Chris Brown is being arraigned today for two felonies-one for criminal threats and the other "assault with force likely to cause great bodily harm". From the newly released description of the attack and the images of Rihanna that were previously released(they are graphic, do not search for these pictures), I'll be shocked if he gets off. Apparently he bit her ears, punched her in the car and continued to do so for quite a bit, and bit her fingers. The scene was quite gruesome according to the report and there was blood all over her gown(from mouth, ear, and fingers).

With this new information released, do you think it is alright for Rihanna to have gone back without much thought? For those of you who do not know, she has apparently returned to her boyfriend and might even appear with him in court(he is supposed to be arraigned in a few hours in LA, so we'll see). They have been seen together travelling and "having fun", despite the instance that occurred.

I don't know about anyone else, but this doesn't sound isolated. While I doubt Rihanna is going to provide any help to authorities with her decision to return(which I disapprove of completely), the extreme level of violence suggests things have gotten physical in the past. Also, her readiness to return makes me wonder just how bad the violence has been. For a man who supposedly looked down on domestic violence because of his mother, Chris Brown has certainly dug himself quite the pit, though he appears to have maintained his relationship. I really disapprove of this. Rihanna has the means to get out of this relationship, something that many abuse victims do not have, yet she has returned. I have to question her because this is a time where she should be taking a stance and saying this is unacceptable, yet she has run back to her abuser. The whole situation is sick.

Anyone else have anything to say? Do you think he will be charged if Rihanna doesn't cooperate? Should she be with him? Do you even believe the charges? Also, do you think this will destroy his career?

Edit: Just wanted to include a shocking quote from the article.
Quote:

Per the detective, Rihanna attempted to phone her assistant but was unable to get through so instead pretended to talk to her for Brown's benefit, saying, "I'm on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there."
It was at that point Brown allegedly replied, "You just did the stupidest thing ever. Now I'm really going to kill you."

Miranda_ 03-05-2009 03:49 PM

We can only hope it does. As for Rhianna, she's an idiot. I know that domestic violence victims do often return to their other halves, but they're mostly a) without money, b) without a support network and c) with kids so they don't have a choice. Rhianna however has lots of money, a good support network including her mentor and friends and no kids. I've seen the photos of her battered face and I firmly believe that Chris could end up killing her one day. O_o For her own sake, she has to leave him for good. The leopard does NOT change his spots as far as domestic violence goes and I'd prefer it if she left on her feet rather than in a box.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-05-2009 03:57 PM

I agree, she has no excuses here. Her family apparently is dumbfounded over her decision to return and I can't blame them. She has all the access in the world to being free and P Diddy himself had security guards put on her for her protection from Brown, so what could possibly motivate her to return? Only his lies and "promises to change"(which I will admit, I believed too once upon a time and learned the lesson). I think we're about to see a really tragic death soon if this is allowed to continue. He's about to assert control and we're probably never going to see her a free woman again.

What does bug me is why has he been allowed out of the state? Most of the time when you are released on bail you have to remain in the state. This is ridiculous. The state is already giving him special treatment, suggesting that he is "innocent". Those pictures pretty clearly say otherwise. Also, I'm sick of his talk of turning to God for forgiveness. He's been as good as confessing these past couple of weeks, why weren't they acting? They have an excellent case, even without her help. Pictures alone usually can convince a jury to convict, especially of that magnitude.

Edit: Another thing, where is the order of protection? Domestic violence victims are typically automatically awarded them after the arrest is made. That happened with myself and my father. He's not only been with her, but was contacting her, which is a violation of what I am assuming is in said order of protection. She had to go to them and ask for it to be dropped or declined one, which is pretty sick.

awesomeistic 03-05-2009 04:01 PM

I wouldn't care WHO it was who beat me, I'd want to get them locked up right away. I definitely think he brainwashed her into staying with him or maybe he threatened to kill her or hurt her family if she told the police. Abusive relationships only get worse, how could you love someone when they are willing to beat you up about stupid things? I hope she finally gets out of her situation and that Chris goes to jail. I've never been a fan of his, anyway.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-05-2009 06:59 PM

I'm watching the court coverage now and it looks like his arraignment is now being pushed to April 6. They started talking about their defense right in front of the camera, but the police then shooed off the media. The only reason to wait is to put in a plea of not guilty, so it looks like Chris is going to attempt to fight this.

Also, interestingly enough, Rihanna waived the order of protection. That's pretty clearly a statement that she is going to stand by him.

X_SWEET_TEMPTATION_X 03-05-2009 07:18 PM

I would get him locked up. I wouldn't give a **** who it was. She should have come back to him. It's going to happen again, and they'll both lose more fans.

Mirela 03-08-2009 03:03 AM

He's been outed for doing what he does, she has the support of her family and pretty much the entire world, he's more than likely going to gaol and she takes him back? I have no respect for people like that.

You need to preotect yourself before you expect anyone else to.

Kiani 03-11-2009 09:15 PM

Umm... did they really get married?

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-11-2009 11:00 PM

No? Unless this is new news, they are not married. Domestic violence does not require a marriage, it can occur in households or in relationships.

Apparently they are in the studio working on a single together. I'm really disappointed in her, I thought she was better than this. Apparently its floating around that she saw an abuse counselor and said this wasn't the first time to the police, confirming our suspicions.

Kiani 03-12-2009 03:54 AM

Ahh, all the magazines here are reporting that they ran away and got married.