Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM

I strongly disagree with you that they should be left to work it out and I refuse to stand by her decision, even if I continue to support her as a fellow abused woman. That's like saying every abused woman should only speak to her abuser about the situation because it only involves them. When someone is abused, their family, friends, police, and sometimes even the media will get involved, with good reason: to get them to safety and to expose just how bad of a problem domestic violence is. Abuse victims very rarely make well informed decisions about their abuser, which is why it is necessary for her to be getting this kind of attention. Its this light on the issue which could get Rihanna into a safer situation far away from him because, quite frankly, the extremity of the situation suggests he has hit her before and she has simply taken it. Its not a relationship at this point in time, its warped love and fear.

Also, this exposes a big problem with abused women returning to their abusers and suggests that the system needs to be changed to prevent this.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXo_Kate_oXoX View Post
I think what happened should only be between her and CB. I wish them both the best! ^.^
How about you keep your stupid, ignorant comments to yourself in future? Will you still be saying that when Rhianna's funeral is announced, which might well happen if Chris keeps on using her as his personal punchbag? It's attitudes like yours that ensure that abused women end up being killed or seriously injured at the hands of their partners, cuz people think it's something that should be kept "between man and wife". Well sorry, but I disagree strongly.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 04:52 PM

I am terribly dissapointed in Rihanna. I mean, its not abusing someone is a sign of affection. -.- If he abused, use your brain, and leave him!

I'm glad he took out his vote. I was a bit shocked that he was a choice for the KCA's.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
X_SWEET_TEMPTATION_X (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 1.00 Average
Default 03-24-2009, 03:24 PM

I think that CB and Rihanna should keep it on the DL. It's a good thing that she went to the cops when she did. when my older brother was born, my mom's first husband tried to kill her.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-30-2009, 06:19 PM

Update!

Quote:
Reports circulating that Rihanna is not cooperating with prosecutors in the Chris Brown case are bogus, according to prosecutors.

Sandi Gibbons from the L.A. County D.A.'s office tells us, "We deal with her attorney who says she is a cooperating victim."

Even if Rihanna clams up, the D.A. is used to prosecuting these cases without a cooperative alleged victim. That's especially true in this case, where there are graphic photos (the worst of which have not been seen), along with Rihanna's statement to cops that Brown has beaten her before and the violence was escalating.
I'd hate to see what those other pictures look like since that one that was going around is pretty bad.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-31-2009, 02:52 PM

Kitty, was E!Online serious about one of Rihanna's photos being sold as art?! That's disgusting.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Rihanna's beatdown by Chris Brown not only caused headlines, now it's inspiring art.
L.A.-based pop artist Sham Ibrahim's new portrait of the "Disturbia" hitmaker is based on the now infamous police photo showing the singer bruised and bloodied.
But Sham's intent is not to raise awareness about, let's say, domestic violence. Instead, his reasons for creating the Andy Warhol-like piece—which is featured in the World of Wonder Storefront Gallery's new group show, Name That 'Toon, opening tonight in Hollywood—are quite simple…
"I thought the bruises in the police photo were interesting shapes to draw," he says. "And it was cool to color them pink and blue. Those are two of my favorite colors."
Um, OK.
The 24-inch by 36-inch piece was made by transferring custom colorized blow-ups of digital tracings of the police pic onto canvas.
"There is no message to any of my art," he says. "It's meant to look cool hanging on your wall and that's it! I'm not into deep meanings."
Hey, at least he's honest.
Apparently so. I had no idea that happened and its disgusting to me, especially when it was just done because he thought "bruises were interesting shapes to draw".

(#28 (permalink))
Old
QUELASTiMAx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to QUELASTiMAx
Default 03-31-2009, 11:15 PM

It was pretty sad, but I never was a fan of CB anyway.
I know the news didnt say this but some people said that he beat rihanna because she was cheating on him
or either she gave him herpies. Actually, i wouldn't think that she'd give him herpies. But oh, well.
I've seen the pictures of her beating :/
It was pretty gross

You played me
Betrayed me
Your love was nothing but a game
Portrait a role
You took control,
I couldn't help but fall
So deep
But now I see things clear
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-01-2009, 05:33 AM

He needs to be tossed in jail; that's just pathetic! Does he not know how pathetic he's acting?! "Interesting shapes"!? I'll give HIM interesting shapes. -.-; *fuming*

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM

I was watching CNN (I think) an they showed pictures of Rihanna in the hospital. They didn't know if it had been retouched or not, but she had large bruises on both sides of her face and her lips had been cut. I think there was a black eye as well on one or both eyes.

But, I don't necessarily believe that those pictures are real. I haven't seen them anywhere else besides in two more shows, so I'm kinda confuzzled. Not saying her injuries were bad, or anything. I do know she could have died, and when she called her sister for help, he put in a head lock, which caused her mouth to fill with blood. That is terrible. I mean, honestly.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.

Last edited by booni_monkey : 04-01-2009 at 09:54 AM.