Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-11-2009, 11:09 PM

Do you know anything about the things she has done outside of that character? Not only has she posed in her underwear, but there are some other pretty scandalous pictures out there which could be equated to child po.rn. Also, it is unacceptable for her to be dating a 20 year old when she is so young. I'm dating a 20 year old and I am 18, she is much younger and shouldn't be teasing him with her current jailbait status at 16. 16 is an unacceptable age to be dating a guy 4 years older than you because of the huge maturity difference.

Its ignorant to believe they won't eventually see Miley's life beyond the character. They will learn eventually and children are incredibly knowledgable about these things already. I did a whole research paper on this in my study of the "Lolita Effect", I should know that they aren't innocent. While they may not know at 5, 6, 7, they will know well before they are teens. Children also have a difficult time diffrentiating between the real person and the character, so they will equate that with being okay because a character did it.

Edit: Just to note, her boyfriend also modelled for playgirl. Thoughts? I'm all for nude modeling, but that seems completely unacceptable now for her.

Edit #2: And he has an 11 month old daughter. I'm disgusted with them both right now. He should be pursuing a woman his age.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-11-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM

He sounds like Pedobear to me. O_o It's sick; any adult male who dates a teenage girl should be investigated. He's probably already pushed her into having sex; it wouldn't surprise me at all to see her pregnant in a year or so.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Most certainly. *shudders* I would never, ever, EVER date a guy so much older than me.

A bit off-topic... what's the "Lolita Effect"?

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM

I'm going to quote sections from my research. I just am too aggravated right now to explain any other way. Sorry if it flys over your head, I'm just trying to pick out some key statements from my paper. I'm considering doing my senior thesis on this.
Quote:
The truth is we have entered an age where promotions of sexual violence and an unrealistic body image are the norm, and rather than fighting against these lies, we encourage them. While we may not intentionally approve of these ideas in our day to day lives, our passive approach to them sends out the message that it’s alright to view yourself as an object of pleasure...
The Lolita Effect is defined by M. Gigi Durham as “the distorted and delusional set of myths about girls’ sexuality that circulates… in our culture… [and] works to limit, undermine, and restrict girls’ sexual progress”...
While children do not fully understand the feelings behind sexual acts or even wanting to be sexy, they do see objects as a way to accomplish the goal of being attractive and pursue it with a ferocity that is incomparable to past generations. It does not help that they are learning to take certain media myths as the truth, particularly those teaching them that “it’s imperative for girls to learn how to please boys in order to get their attention”, that sexualized violence is okay, and that they must become the perfect image of sexiness, which is even for larger girls “aerobicized and muscular, with tiny waist, taut abdomens, and trim thighs” (Durham, 2008, p. 158; 97)...
Companies are creating items for a demand that they started, such as pole dancing kits sold by Tesco, thongs from Victoria’s Secret for tweens, and scantily-clad dolls—all directed towards children.
In essence, the effect circles around the fact that the media is turning young girls into sexual objects and is encouraging sexually objectifying relationships and domestic violence. You pick up any magazine and you will see on the cover "10 ways to please your man!", but never anything on how they can please a woman. Girls have a set image(look at any CHARACTER on TV and you can see they all look the same) they have to meet and need to go through crazy methods to get there, but men don't have it as much. Girls are taught to be sexual creatures from an extremely young age(there are recorded incidents of young girls gyrating their hips to that Slave song by Britney Spears, requesting thongs at ages younger than 10, and even attempting to emulate characters, acting as if they are real people and even blending their real lives with their character lives-this is not uncommon and it is studied that children do not have fully developed brains to determine the difference between fantasy and reality!) in a way that was completely unacceptable in years past, but still are looked down upon if they act as society demands. Overall, this effect is the latest form of old gender roles, but taken to extreme heights.

I'm completely off topic, but it relates in a way.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Oh! I dind't know that it was called the "lolita effect". Thank you, Kitty. ^^

So, back on topic, Cyrus is more or less encouraging these ideals.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM

She kind of reminds me a little bit of Lisa Simpson's talking Malibu Stacy doll. -.-

"I wish they taught shopping at school!"

"Let's bake cookies so the boys will like us!"

"Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"

Cept in Miley's case, the message is far more specific and dangerous in encouraging young girls to act and dress sexily.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM

If I ever have little girls, they will be aised to be either tomboys, or nerds, or just smart in general... and they won't like girls like Cyrus, ho encourage just the opposite.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM

Ugh, I know. The only reason her dad isn't totally against it is that the more attention Miley gets, the more he gets. He's totally using her, and as much as I hate Miley, her father may have a lot more to do with her spiraling out of control then he'd like to admit. Just like Disney, he's milking Miley for all the money she can get.

I don't understand the fact that she's dating a 20 year old. She's obviously too immature to realise that she shouldn't be dating someone his age while she's only 16. She's been caught sitting in his lap, kissing in public, and recently, she was jogging around with her *lack of* bo0bs nearly popping out of her bikini. Totally inappropriate. Her excuse? "I was helping my little sister with a car wash". And then you decided to go for a jog with your older BF without changing into something more suitable? Riiight, Miley. >.<

She's a fake, that's what she is. In two years, she would have gone to rehab, been changed with a DUI, have had at least one child, and will have a sex tape/naked pictures on the internet (there's already nearly nude ones...). It's quite disgusting that she's a role model for so many young girls.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-12-2009, 07:01 PM

well, i get magazines like popstar, j14,tiger beat, teeny-ish crap like that...and wayyyy before miley started things like this...before people really knew her, there was a page about linsey lohan. the page was her in different places, wearing different bikinies...and i recently bought another one, and guess who replaced lisney's bikini poses? yep, you guessed right...i think it was titled, "Miley's Many Bikinies"
sorry i spelled so many things wrong!

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#20 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 03-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Miley cyruss is stupid.I mean i admit i useto listen to her music
back then but then i realized
how much she suckked.!
and she is only
famous becuz of her dad

Yoh

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-12-2009 at 09:09 PM.