Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Music (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/)
-   -   Rip Offs (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/music/20327-rip-offs.html)

TheHayleyDoll 12-18-2008 05:18 PM

Rip Offs

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Musicians are notorious for taking this old adage to heart, liberally “borrowing” (either intentionally or subconsciously) chords, melodies and/or lyrics from each other. Some say that it’s, in fact, the essence of all forms of music, especially modern popular music. Sometimes this musical flattery is taken in stride, while other times it’s repaid with a big fat lawsuit. There are countless examples of songs that borrow from other songs.

The idea of this thread is to write ones you know and perhaps link to a music video or something so we can all compare and see who stole what from who else.

~~

Fergalicious by Fergie is "heavily inspired by" Supersonic by J.J. Fad.

Silent_Wolf 12-18-2008 05:20 PM

Kanye West's song 'Better Faster Stronger' or whatever it was directly ripped Daft Punk's song, "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and to be honest with you, I don't care if it was consented "borrowing" or not, he could've at the very least done his OWN version of the background instead of just using the same one!

xxMeggieMaggot 12-24-2008 12:22 AM

Reach Out by Hilary duff ripped off Personal Jesus by Marilyn Manson!

Rocketship_ 12-25-2008 04:15 AM

Anything by Rihanna is pretty much a rip-off of a song.
I absolutely loathe her.

Look up Tainted Love by Soft Cell versus S.O.S by Rihanna.
Pon De Replay, Umbrella, and... alot of her songs are ripped off from stuff from the '80s mostly.

Catlover642 06-07-2009 01:00 AM

Someone to call my lover by Janet Jackson is a complete copy of Ventura Highway by America.

QUELASTiMAx 06-07-2009 01:03 AM

Vanessa Hudgens' Baby Come back to me ripped of Avril Lavignes Complicated .

angel_baby128 06-13-2009 12:46 AM

Right Round by Flo Rida is ripped off from another song.

OiHereItComes 08-27-2009 04:50 PM

Avril Lavigne's "I Wanna Be You Girlfriend" is ripped off of The Rubinoos' "I Want to be Your Boyfriend".
But her music's not that great anyways.... tee hee.

TheHayleyDoll 08-27-2009 04:59 PM

Oh, Flo Rida's 'Right Round' "samples" another song of the same title by Dead Or Alive - many artists have remade that song, so I don't think Flo Rida actually ripped it off.

Kelly Clarkson "Already Gone" ripped off Beyonce's "Halo".

Though, it wasn't Kelly's fault. The same guy (Ryan Tedder of One Republic) wrote the two songs. And it could have been the other way around, because apparently, Ryan worked with Kelly first and THEN Beyonce.

New Kelly Clarkson Song Admittedly “Ripped Off” from a Beyonce Hit | Music Vixen Blog

xXGrimReaperXx 09-15-2009 10:01 PM

"Kids In America"by The Muffs ripped off/remade "Kids In America"by Kim Wilde

Note:I love that song and know the lyrics by heart so I would know if someone did that or remade it :)