Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/)
-   -   Equestria Girls (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/23438-equestria-girls.html)

Miranda_ 06-29-2013 10:14 AM

Equestria Girls

Anyone on here seen this movie? It's not on general release in cinemas over where I am, but I found it on youtube. I was skeptical when it was first announced cuz I thought it was going to be a rip off of Monster High, but it's actually quite good. I might get it on DVD when it comes out.

My Little Pony Equestria Girls - My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Wiki

belladoggy 06-29-2013 04:42 PM

It kinda squicks me...it feels a bit too "furry-ish". I'll look at it, but part of what I liked about MLP:FiM was the creative ways they dealt with the fact that the characters are ponies and so can't do things the same way humans do.

LillyAwesome 06-29-2013 07:44 PM

I haven't seen it yet.... I don't plan on it. It sounds too weird. My friend saw it and says she really likes it and she really wants me to see it. I might, but probably not.

LancasterPrincess 07-01-2013 09:42 AM

I think it would be neat. I'm all for huminizing characters, that's what we do in the contest section all the time, lol.

belladoggy 07-03-2013 03:56 AM

So after watching it on youtube, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was kitschy and cutesy, but so is the original series :lol: They handled it very well, and I really like that they gave an explanation for the humanization and they actually showed Twilight learning to adapt to the new changes instead of understanding all of it right away. Plus the designs were pretty neat.

Miranda_ 07-05-2013 06:56 PM

Well, if anyone wants to see the movie, pm me; I've found a good link to watch the full movie from.

LancasterPrincess 08-01-2013 06:04 PM

Didn't know where else to put this. Anywho, a boutique shop I use frequently has an MLP boutique going on right now and just wanted to share. They've got cute plushies, usb drives, and figurines on major sale. There's also clothes, but I don't think they offer adult sizes in this particular boutique.

Take a look at the My Little Pony event on zulily today!

My Little Pony | Daily deals for moms, babies and kids

LancasterPrincess 11-06-2013 03:58 PM

Again, didn't know where to put this, but it was too awesome not to share!

Pinkie Pie - Balloon ! Win ! Fail ! #2 - YouTube

HimekoTaya 11-11-2013 02:04 PM

Eqg

I have watched Equestria girls, the animation and characters are amazing,
But there are a few things wrong with it.
Like where did Twi sleep
How do animals just stay inside backpacks without food, water or a bathroom
How did sunset know that twilight had the crown
Why didn't Twi just steal the crown since Sun already stole it from her
How does Sunset even know where Twi is sleeping
How does Celestia already know all about Equstria high