Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Movie Reviews All "In Theater" movie reviews and "coming soon" movie talk.

View Poll Results: Your Favourite Animated Movie Is...
Toy Story (series) 5 41.67%
Shrek (series) 4 33.33%
How To Train Your Dragon 4 33.33%
Finding Nemo 5 41.67%
The Lion King (series) 7 58.33%
A Disney Princess Movie (comment!) 4 33.33%
Monster's Inc 4 33.33%
Other (Disney) 1 8.33%
Other (Pixar or Dreamworks) 2 16.67%
Other (not by of the other three) 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Animated Movies - 06-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Are simply the BEST, eh? I'm super excited to see Brave (it looks so good!), which caused me to post a thread of my favourite animated movies!

My favourites are:
Toy Story (1, 2, and 3)
Finding Nemo
Monster's Inc.
The Incredibles
How To Train Your Dragon (absolutely adore this movie)
Shrek (The first one ONLY, the others... meh)
... Going into Disney territory now...
The Lion King
The Fox and The Hound (apparently my favourite as a child)
Hercules
and Lilo and Stitch. (Stitch is just sooooooooo cute. =D)

Also as a kid I remember watching Spirited Away a lot... I don't remember much about it, but I remember it scaring the heck out of me (which makes it all the stranger that I rented the movie half a dozen times as a child. I guess even as a kid I loved freaky things xD).

Comment with your favourites!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM

I always liked Monsters Inc! And when I was younger I'd watch Lilo and Stitch, and I can't forget about the movie Up. "Snipe, here Snipe!" XD Also I know it's an older movie, but there is a movie called Spirit about horses. I'm not much of an animal movie fan, but Spirit was cool.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM

That would be "Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimmaron"; I loved that movie, too. ^^

(#4 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM

I'd have voted for more, but TLK is absolutely, hands-down my favorite animated movie, ever. When I was four, I would watch it twice in a row, back to back, every night for a month. And I made my parents watch it with me. I love that movie, and the music in, and the broadway musical it spawned.

I did enjoy HTTYD, and I like Hercules because Megara is my favorite human Disney female, while Belle is my favorite "official" Disney Princess. I liked Mulan, a lot, too. Strong female characters, even if the are Disneyfied, make me happy.

I think we own Spirited Away on DVD; it's probably the only anime I actually enjoy watching and have seen multiple times...the other Studio Ghibli films I only watched once, and of those, I only remember (vaguely) Howl's Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service.

I love ALL of the Pixar movies, except for Cars, which was forgettable, and Cars 2, which I didn't bother seeing. And Ratatouille, but I still enjoyed that one when I saw it. SUPER EXCITED for BRAVE!

I really like the first Shrek, tolerated the second, got bored with the third (except for the part with Eric Idle), and never saw the last one, or the Puss in Boots spin-off (that character really was what made number two worth it).

I never really liked the older Disney Princess movies, although Malficient was a pretty darn B.A. villaness.

You know, the only 2D movie I remember seeing in theaters as a kid was Hercules, but I probably saw Mulan and Pocahontas and the rest that came after, excluding Home on the Range. Princess and the Frog I saw when it came out in 2009...4 years ago...so it doesn't count as seeing it when I was a child xD

I can't actually think of any non-DreamWorks, non-Disney, non-Pixar animated movies (Ghibli doesn't count since it's distributed by Disney stateside)...even the religious 2-D movies (like the one about Moses and the 10 commandements) were DreamWorks....the Road to El Dorado! Which was just like The Emperor's New Groove, minus the talking llamas...Hmm. Disney/DreamWorks rivalry going on there, me (and many other people) thinks.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#5 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 07:14 PM

I voted for everything.

I love animated movies, love them so much it hurts. Nobody can answer Disney trivia like me, except for those people who literally live for trivia.

I suppose it's good I love movies so much, considering I'm going into animation.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-18-2012, 07:38 PM

Regarding Disney princess movies; my fave has to be Tangled. XD

(#7 (permalink))
Old
wigglykid90 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Smile A Disney fan of movies - 12-02-2012, 06:46 AM

My favourites Animated movies are:
  1. The Lion King
  2. Toy Story
  3. Monster Inc.
  4. Shrek
For Disney Princess movie, my favourite one is Beauty and the Beast because I remember seeing it in the theatre when I was in grade 2.