Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/)
-   -   Avatar [Spoilers!!!] (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/21934-avatar-spoilers.html)

KiraIMustBeInvisible 12-25-2009 10:45 PM

This movie definately deserves the title "#1 Movie in the World" Evervything about it is SUPERB! If you're going to go see it, I highly suggest seeing it 3D, because the experience is amazing. Such as when the "Pure Spirits" or "Seeds of the Sacred Tree" are floating about, it really looks like you can touch them. The animation is....amazing. Nothing like The Polar Express. It's really amazing he created the concept 14 years ago, but had to wait for technology to catch up. Congrats to Cameron on a job well done!! I really can't get over how real everything seemed!! It was 10x better than I expected, and the way they filmed was really something different, especially what the did with the cameras infront of their faces. I have never heard of anything like it! I wouldn't mind going to Pandora. Even if I did have to be in a space shuttle for 5 years :D Or have to deal with everything wanting to kill me. On second thought....maybe I'll go in the army first :lol: If anyone is thinking of going, don't think! JUST GO!!

prin367cess 12-25-2009 10:57 PM

I absolutely agree. I just got home from seeing it again, and it was even better the second time around. 3d definitely makes the experience even that much more amazing. It was so realistic; the forest was so magical. I'll def be dreaming about Pandora for the next few nights. :)

KiraIMustBeInvisible 12-27-2009 01:20 PM

I intend to go see it again in the next few days with my friends. I'm really excited because you get so much more out of it the 2nd time around :D

It's hard to understand in the beginning, but as it continues it gets easier to understand. You really have to see it more than once to let it fully register though. Don't worry, as long as you PAY ATTENTION it's easy. I got everything, whereas my grandmother did not because she didn't pay attention.

jordanashley 12-28-2009 09:53 PM

I kinda wanna go see it. I read about its storyline and saw a trailer and it seemed a bit strange and confusing to me. I guess I won't know though until I actually see it :) . My friend and some other people I know saw it and all said it was amazing. They also said that seeing it in 3D was really neat, and that it wasn't like a regular 3D movie where every now and then something pops out, but everything was 3D.

LancasterPrincess 12-29-2009 05:59 PM

First off I'd like to start with Avatar was a BEAUTIFUL movie! SUCH a beautiful world! And I adored all the glowing stuff, especially the glowing freckles!

But my post will mainly be about how much I truly hate anything in 3-D. I've never been to one before so this was supposed to be a great experience. We bought tickets to go to Imax 3-D (expensive little buggers!) And thought we were arriving early. Apparently TN has very few Imax theaters. And the manager (you'll hear more from him later) said that this was the only Imax in a 300 mile radius So apprently showing up an hour early was NOT early enough. The best seats we could manage was semi near the front on the VERY end of the aisle. Well, this stinks, but wth, let's enjoy the movie. Before the movie even starts I have a headache from the glasses. Greeeeaaaattt. The movie starts and there is severe ghosting going on. Surely not? I read tons of reveiws online that says that Imax was suppossed to have the least amount of ghosting!? So I leave Aaron in his seat (he was looking forward to this much more than me) and I go to talk to a manager.

I explain to him that I already have a huge headache and I'm not paying $30 for a ghosting movie. He asked where we were seated and upon hearing that we were on the end he promptly offered me a refund and free tickets to a later showing at a regular 3-D showing. I accept with much gratitude and go grab Aaron. We get into the nearly EMPTY 3-D theater and manage some decent middle row seats. We were in the lower part of the middle section, right above the low section. Have to sit back all the way in order to see the whole screen (thank goodness for the slightly reclinable seats!).

The movie started out fantasticly! WOW! I absolutely adored all the effects, the beautiful setting and the story line! But I still had a slight headache, and figured it was from what little I saw of the Imax version. Wrong. About half way through I'm extremely nascious with a splitting headache. These tickets were free, and Aaron wasn't having any of the troubles that I was having so the rest of the movie I spent either with closed eyes taking deep breaths or risking watching on the more beautiful scenes.

Aaron felt awful because I refused to leave and deprive him of seeing his last 3-D movie that he'll ever go to, lol. Turns out I'm a Mike Newton of 3-D. Yay for pathetic me. -.-

Aaron's taking me to a regular showing this weekend so that I'll be able to watch the whole movie, so that's great and I'm really looking forward to that.

Before I finish up I'll tell you how I spent the rest of my evening: I was extremely sick to my stomach and starving so we went to a waffle house so I could get something in my stomach. It was 2 am and nothing was open. Again I curse TN, stuff is always open in CA. T.T

After an hour of having those wretched glasses off and something in my belly, I feel better.

Avatar=A FANTASTIC movie (and I only saw parts xD)
3-D= Never ever again.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 12-29-2009 10:33 PM

@jordanashley: Go see it! They're completely right, it's ALL 3D, which makes it 10x better :D

@LancasterPrincess: Imax theatres are not my friends -.- I can't stand them. They're always crowded, and big. I prefer Bowles Crossing theatre, though I doubt you have one wherever you are, seeing as it's only found here. But yeah, I think it was just the theatre. Because Imax theatres are evil. EVIL!

delly1 12-30-2009 01:51 AM

I loved that movie! I must say it was one of the best movies I have ever seen in a very long time. I saw it in 3D at the theaters and the lands they lived on were spectacular.

LancasterPrincess 01-02-2010 03:00 AM

Okay! Just got back from the regular version of Avatar (aka, the one that won't make me sick xD) And again I will say WOW!

Now that I was able to watch the whole thing I'm able to appreciate it more. What a revelation! I hope to see more movies as intense and romatic as this one! It's got it all! You've got action for the men, love for the women, special effects for the technical gurus aliens for the sci-fi finatics, fantasy for the young at heart...the list goes on!

Absolutely a perfect movie. One of the fight scenes still made me sick, but that's to be expected since I like to watch flashy movies with the lights on xD

SUCH a magical world! I adore the whole thing, even the scary monsters which are really ferociously beautiful. I cannot wait to have time to doll this movie, such a pretty doll it would be and yet it will never ever capture the beauty of this film.

This is one movie that might be better than a book... I just cannot imagine it being any more brilliant.

KiraIMustBeInvisible 01-02-2010 03:05 PM

My grandmother said he had two sequels to Avatar that he's already started on, but before he went any further with them he wanted to see how this turned out. I think we can expect to see more of Avatar in the next few years!:lol:

jordanashley 01-03-2010 08:16 PM

Wow. I just saw it. It was amazing, just like you've all said. I saw it in 2D though, so I didn't get the 3D experience yet XD. But I still loved it!