Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Movie Reviews All "In Theater" movie reviews and "coming soon" movie talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Oh my goodness you absolutely have to see it in 3D!! It's amazing ^^ It's not like most 3D movies where only some of the stuff is in 3D, but everything is in 3D!!!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
teamjacobrulestheschool

Default 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM

i absolutley loved it!cept i dint expect grace to die=( i was so sad!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Or Trudy T^T She didn't need to get blown up D: She rocked! Or that one guy that didn't like Jake in the beginning I forgot his name >.<

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#14 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM

I saw the movie yesterday and it was nothing short of AWESOME! Although I saw it in 2D, I still fell in love in with how the way Pandora looked. So colorfull and rich, I love the shades of greens that was choosen for the plants.
People who have not seen this movie needs to get their butts to the movies and watch it, NOW! XD
I got sad when Trudy and Grace died. My mouth dropped open when that happend.
But overall, a awesome movie that people need to see!

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-04-2010, 09:46 AM

I've def heard that there is already a sequel being planned. And supposedly there are MANY extended and deleted scenes on the DVD, which will be awesome.

It's not really meant to be an amusing or funny movie. It's a visual masterpiece; that's what it's about. The effects and the entire atmosphere are what make the movie so awesome. I know many different types of people who've seen it and liked it, even though their preferred type of movie might be comedy, or romance, or sci-fi.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 01-04-2010, 10:24 PM

When I saw a preview (a very long one, I may add) for Avatar, I was like, "Ok? How can that be any good? I'll probably wait to rent it.". But now that I've seen it, I think the opposite. Even when it was still the beginning of the movie I was thinking, "this isn't going to be amazing". Ha, so you've kinda gotta see the whole thing and pay attention to get your actual oppinion on it . But if you get the chance, go see it, you probably won't be disapointed.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-05-2010, 01:12 AM

I think anytime you go see ANY movie in theatre, there's always a slight chance that you won't like it or think that paying to see it on the big screen wasn't completely worth it. And honestly, when I went to see this last week I was a bit iffy about spending $10 on a movie ticket when I only had about $20, but even before the movie was half over I was glad I did. This is just one of those movies that you just have to see on the big screen while you have the chance.

And I really wish I could've seen it in 3D, but my theatre just isn't that cool and it's also the only theatre in this city. But it was still a really awesome movie, I'd totally go see it again if I had the money. The whole movie was just so beautiful, even the scenes that made me cry, like when the home tree was shot down. It was a gorgeous yet really sad scene, I must admit it left me in tears, as did the deaths of Grace and Trudy. But then I just get emotional like that when I watch movies...

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 01-05-2010, 09:05 PM

This movie is supposedly really great, and if you haven't seen in in theatres, you really shouldn't be judging. If you had seen the whole thing and still didn't like it, then that's your deal. Just because people say a movie's good doesn't mean it's the opposite. Most of the time the general public are good critics - especially if you find that 9/10 people who've seen a movie liked it.

My BFF really seems to hate this movie even though she hasn't seen it because she simply "isn't into sci-fi" and the story doesn't "appeal to her". But I just tell her, "Don't knock it 'til you watch it!"

I'm going to see it tomorrow, with my BF. I'm not into sci-fi, but that really doesn't matter to me. A brilliant movie is a brilliant movie, regardless of whether or not the genre of it is my favourite. Everyone is practically screaming at me to go see it, so I shall. xD

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-08-2010 at 03:58 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM

One of the reasons why it's such a spectacular movie is that it's a whole new world. One like never seen before. It's truly breath-taking, and to sit there and be a part of it like it actually exists (because the realism is THAT good) is the most spectacular part. Sit for a second and try to imagine seeing a whole new world first hand. That's what this movie does. You are transported there to see the beauty, feel the love, pain and triumph. That's why this movie is so highly reccommended. It's fantasy/sci-fi on a realistic level. If you're not a fantasy/sci-fi person it still captures you.

It's sort of like Pocahontas. Instead of the English trying to take over the land for riches it's the Americans. Instead of the Native American's protecting their land it's the Navi. It's just extremely more epic than Disney's Pocahontas, lol. The tree demolision is enough to win over any hard core effects/action people alone xD

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM

I probably won't go and see Avatar cuz I can't really afford to go to the cinema at the moment. I'm not overly sure if it's my thing or not. I know that in order to know that, you have to watch it; but I really can't afford to spend money on tickets only to find I didn't like it. If my boyf offers to take me, I won't say no, tho.