Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/)
-   -   HP & HBP Trailer! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/21086-hp-hbp-trailer.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 04-18-2009 11:05 AM

HP & HBP Trailer!

We've been waiting patiently for the movie, moreso than most fans can take, and we've finally been rewarded with the trailer.

New 'Harry Potter' trailer drops: This. Looks. Amazing. | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

What do you guys think? I'm more excited for this movie than those of the past. It looks like its going to be a lot more accurate than the previous ones, though it isn't that difficult in my opinion when most of HBP is focused on their relationships/soap opera drama than the actual plot.

Heva_Banana_Mad 05-12-2009 03:18 PM

I'm REALLY excited why on earth did they postpone it until July?!
This one is really funny somewhere in the middle...
YouTube - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Official Trailer 2 [2009] [720p HD]

TheHayleyDoll 05-12-2009 03:57 PM

It looks beyond amazing. I totally can't wait. ^^ OOTP was just... ugh, terrible. I thought they cut out way too much. This one looks so much better, and it looks like it'll be the best movie in the series so far.

jordanashley 05-12-2009 04:26 PM

This one looks awesome. Wasn't it supposed to come out November 2008? I think they changed it to July because Twilight was coming out in November[2008]...and because they'd make more money if it came out in the summer. I can't wait to see it!

LadyBast0911 05-12-2009 05:16 PM

Ahhh *goes a bit crazy* I can't wait! This should be sooo great! And Harmoine and Ron kiss! Ahhhh! Yay! Anyways, OOTP was terrible. I saw the movie before I read the books and I was disgusted with the movie. Grr...to much left out.

Ok, my rant is over!

jordanashley 07-16-2009 06:37 PM

I can't believe it's out! I'm going see it later. Can't wait!

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 07-20-2009 11:51 AM

I liked the movie, it was exciting(when you take out the book equation), but I think they cut it too much. The book was short to begin with, did they really have to cut many of the subplots and explanations(some of which are necessary to continue the series!).

Spoiler warning,
They did not include the memories about Merope. Not sure how Harry is supposed to continue without it since he saw the locket in them. Also, the battle in the castle was cut, along with any explanation as to why Draco chose to let in the death eaters then. Since they cut out the subplot with him controlling the barmaid, it appears that he just gets lucky with the timing. Rather stupid in my opinion, it was important and their skimming bugged me. Also never explained the "Half Blood Prince" name like they did in the book and they simply hid the book forever instead of Harry switching it out. It was rather disappointing.