Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Movie Reviews All "In Theater" movie reviews and "coming soon" movie talk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default What do you think about Heath Ledger's Oscar? - 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM

What do you think about Heath Ledger's Oscar? Do you think they should have given it to someone else because of his death or do you think he deserved it?

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM

I think He deserved it. Imagine that he wasn't dead and think of it that way. If it was someone who hadn't been around for like 10 years then maybe I would think differently but in this case I believe he thouroughly deserved it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-09-2009, 06:03 PM

I think he deserved it. He was an excellent actor and an oscar is a really great honor that he deserved. His death was unfortunate, but it doesn't invalidate him when his work still just recently came out. It'd be very different if this was a very old movie or he hadn't done anything good in years and was simply recognized for some bad side film, but that isn't the case.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-15-2009, 03:31 AM

As good as ive heard the movie is (havent actually seen it, not a batman kind of girl) it makes me wonder, do you think he wouldnt have won it had he not died?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Because I finally watched the movie and can now have a definite opinion, I'm responding. Yes, I think he still would've gotten it. His acting was brilliant and he was completely in character. Not for a moment did you forget that he was the Joker, a man who crept out of nowhere and was completely insane. Even his actions in the film were in character, which him licking his lips and doing movements that just reemphasized the fact that he lost it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me