Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/)
-   -   What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/19576-whats-scariest-movie-youve-ever-seen.html)

Miranda_ 09-16-2008 03:49 PM

What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I tend to prefer psychological movies, like The Silence Of The Lambs, to horror movies that just splash blood and guts around to try and cover up plot holes. But about the creepiest movies I ever saw were Dahmer, Gacy and Bundy. O_o They're all based on true stories, which scares me more than any made up movie ever could. :o

Jamie___x 09-16-2008 04:02 PM

Hmm..Scariest movie?
Id have to say "The Strangers" Me and lexxa nearly peed our pants with scaredness o__o i swear it was scary. Well..we were watching it in the dark XD that probably put on an effect. But it was scary when it was released.
And its based on a true storie that happened in america once..atleast i think it was america..o_o

ShinoMegami 09-30-2008 10:07 PM

Hmm .... I don't know... I watch a lot of horror movies. I like a lot of the ones that totally mess with your head as well as scare the crap out of you.

The Descent is amazing in that department. Amazing story and the imagery is superb, plus freking scary... especially if you watch it alone in the middle of the night in you dark house!

The Saw Series. Yes it is extremely gory, but the plot is soooo intense. Anyone who says these movies are just sensless violence wasn't paying attention. The complexity of the carachters and the actual thought behind their actions!! It is a serious mind f---! (and yes I bleep out my own words. And I know that I shouldn't even use it bleeped out or not, but this is one of those times where there isn't any substitute.)

The Jeepers Creepers series. I like these movies mainly because of the villian. He is just so unique. And the creep out factor!! And I think the sequal is one of my favorite horror movie sequals because in the timeline it is like 3 days later, but it is a completely independant story!

And as Miranda already mentioned, The Silence of the Lambs. Well I vote the entire Hannibal series. Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising. That is the order that I would watch them in cause that is the order the books were written. (Yes they were based on books and the books are awesome!!! But the movies are probably the best of book to movies that I have ever seen) I love the fact that these stories give you such a villian in Hannibal Lecter but I feel drawn to him. I just want to know more about him!

Anyhoo that is my two....well maybe more... cents.

FlowersFall 09-30-2008 10:09 PM

Every single one of the "Saw" movies, The scare the crap outta me! but I am going to see "Saw V" when it cames out...

CH4CHii_B_dAt_CHiCK 12-30-2008 10:36 PM

JOYRIDE!!<--
omg ever since I saw that move I got really scared riding in a car in the DARK!! O_0 idk its just creepy to me

little_sister_smile 01-15-2009 07:05 PM

Honestly...when people ask what's the scariest film you've ever seen..I tend to measure it based on how it made me feel afterwards. Like not being able to walk down a dark hallway or sleep for that matter. lol.

I'd say there's only a short list of these.

The Changling (not the new one) I think it was in 1970's. Its a truely good ghost story that I wouldn't watch alone.:shock:

The first time I ever saw A Nightmare on Elm Street it gave me nightmares...litterally. My friend and I couldn't walk down the hallway past midnight without crouching against one another. :lol:

When I saw The Ring in theaters...I had to sleep in the same bed as my brother because I couldn't sleep! it wasn't fun for either of us. :roll: but now its not that scary.

honestly, most films aren't that scary. they are just gorey. :twisted:

lol

xXx_Nessa_xXx 03-25-2009 10:54 PM

Hmmm...I'd have to say Wrong Turn

Man, Kate stole mine ;D
Well my second choice would have to be some texas chainsaw movie. There is like a zillion different texas chainsaw movies so i dont even know which one i saw lol.

TheHayleyDoll 04-10-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinoMegami (Post 751041)
The Saw Series. Yes it is extremely gory, but the plot is soooo intense. Anyone who says these movies are just sensless violence wasn't paying attention. The complexity of the carachters and the actual thought behind their actions!! It is a serious mind f---! (and yes I bleep out my own words. And I know that I shouldn't even use it bleeped out or not, but this is one of those times where there isn't any substitute.)

I totally agree. The plot is great - that's what drew me in to the series. In a way, it really gets you thinking. All the victims are chosen for a reason. Everyone's connected in a way. Jigsaw is my hero. XD I love that guy. What I wouldn't have given to be Amanda - before she died, that is. :P Wow, I'm creepish.

Anyway, the scariest movie... Hm. Scary movies don't really "scare" me, they entertain me. Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty scary when I saw it for the first time. Freddy is so freaky. O_o

Silent_Wolf 04-10-2009 04:33 PM

Dead Space: Downfall is a real mind sc'rewer. It's gross, it's vulgar, and it's just downright creepy. Yes, it's an anime movie, but it's a precursor film to the game, Dead Space, which is just as creepy, just as gross, etc. The movie tells the story of why the aliens were on the ship.

*shudder* God this movie freaked me out. I actually have to skip a whole chapter when I watched it for the first official time on DVD (first actual time was on Youtube with cruddy Spanish fansub...) because it's just so messed up. The Necromorphs and the Monolith actually get into your head and it's just.. yeah, it's creepy stuff. End. XD

I AM NOT KIDDING. IF YOU HAVE A WEAK CONSTITUTION, ARE EASILY FRIGHTENED, OR JUST DOWNRIGHT HATE GUTS, DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!

Rocketship_ 04-10-2009 04:58 PM

House of 1000 Corpses. I wouldn't call it the scariest movie ever watched, persay.... but I was rather young when I watched it, so of course it's imprinted as the scariest movie in my mind. XD

I've never really come across a horror movie where I just sit back and go, "Wow, that was ****ing SCARY", someday, though... someday I will. XD