Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/)
-   -   Pirates of the Carribean Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/movie-reviews/10493-pirates-carribean-discussion.html)

stArlightx3 06-24-2006 01:08 PM

Pirates of the Carribean Discussion

Kitty Edit: All discussion of the trilogy should go here.

Yeah well my mom drug me too see (yeah my MOM) made me see the first pirates of the carribean. i thought it was okay. not a favorite though.
Now the new one is comming out and i acutally want to see this one. It looks funny and has good action scenes.

Johnny Depp Also looks hilarous.
Kiera Knightly Still looks beautiful
And Orlando Bloom still nauseates me.

haha.
Do you want to see it?
-Cara

punkgoddessofpink 06-24-2006 08:14 PM

personally....it does look more interesting than the 1st one......cuz i couldn't even finish watching the first one....cuz my family rented it.....but i left 15 minutes into the movie......but this one looks really interesting to me

m_maxwell 06-26-2006 05:40 PM

Wanna know something really stupid? Once they're done selling the "Cars" toys, McDonald's is going to sell Pirates of the carribean toys. WTF? Kids who eat Happy Meals aren't old enough to see this movie! I work at McDonald's. I just know some 14 year old is going to come in and gigglingly ask if she can have Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom without the Happy Meal.

cello_star13 06-29-2006 10:28 AM

Haha, I still get Happy Meals, and I'm sixteen, but that's besides the point. I really agree with you. And I think it looks really good, but I think they might have too much slapstick...Have you noticed that they always do that in sequels? I hate it! But it could still be good.

m_maxwell 07-03-2006 05:42 PM

Well, I got a preview of the toys McD's is putting out. Not quite what I expected. Mostly pirate themed toys like swords and skulls. There's one pirate doll that I guess might have been inspired by the Jack Sparrow character, but it looks more like a deranged Beanie Baby than like Johnny Depp. I don't think we'll be mobbed by fangirls after all.

stArlightx3 07-08-2006 12:03 PM

Okay. So.
My mom is obbsessed
and last night we went to see the 10:20 pm
and it didnt let out until 1:10am.

It was very good though.
over 402 people in the theater.
my neck hurt.
second row from the front X_X

and now yesterday my mom bought tickets for the 8:15 show today.
so my grandma can come with us to see the movie.
so yes it was very very very good..
-cara

fiveleafclover 07-09-2006 07:06 PM

I was kind of disappointed with how it ended... but I think Johnny Depp still made it worth seeing... :lol:

punkgoddessofpink 07-12-2006 10:17 AM

it was awesome for me......cuz my gf....she is now scared to death of squids and octopuses *cuz her step mom chased her around the house w/ a tentacle* *giggle* .....so yeah.....but we were like the 3rd row in the front....and when we got there.....the theatre wasn't open...*for that room* ......and there was a line waiting for them to finish cleaning out the room.....by the time we were done.....it was packed as all get out.....but yea.......the movie was ok......not great......but pretty good......can't wait for the 3rd!

kittypurr 07-18-2006 01:19 AM

Yeah, the ending was disappointing.

But it was good. Not a fav and it was longer than it could have been, but good.

How come ya don't like Orlando?

Course, everyone loves Johnny it seems.

likealot 07-20-2006 05:37 PM

I went to see it with my friend Coty last Saturday.

I wasn't too impressed.

Firstly,it was WAY too long.Secondly,I could never figure out was was going on.Very confusing.And it didn't help any that the theatre was crowded as he.ll.Every single seat in the theatre was filled.No exageration.There was 136 people in there.