Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Membership Questions about Doll Palace membership. Do not provide any private info in this public forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Angry What Happened To My Premium Membership? - 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM

I want my Premium Membership.

Early this afternoon (Maybe 4 hours ago) I bought a year's Premium Membership using PayPal. According to what I read about PayPal, payments from there are supposed to go through as quickly as 30 seconds.

I even checked my e-mail and there was one from PayPal crediting my account there for the $22 for my subscription.

However, I keep checking my TDP front page and TDP account page for signs that my membership has been upgraded. It hasn't.

Has anyone else used PayPal to upgrade their membership and not had their TDP account updated in hours?

Last edited by Louisiana : 12-31-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-01-2009, 09:41 AM

GAAH!

Look, the site is horribly backed up right now. You are not the only person to experience this issue; once the site is caught up and fixed up, you will get your premium. Okay?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Default Thanks for your response! - 01-01-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
GAAH!

Look, the site is horribly backed up right now. You are not the only person to experience this issue; once the site is caught up and fixed up, you will get your premium. Okay?
Sorry about having been so antsy--I had been having a bad day yesterday and besides having read that I'd get Premium Membership after 30 seconds I'd been "spoiled" by having just paid by PayPal for extra benefits at another site and getting them instantly. So my expectations had been too high.

So I'll try to be patient. Hope the site is caught up and fixed up soon--I'm looking forward to getting Premium.

I'd also like to add that I enjoy this site and that as a newbie I've been finding new fun things almost every few days. Like the Candy Bar Dollmaker.

So I hope you didn't get a bad impression about me because of my complaint.

Take care and have a happy New Year!

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-03-2009, 03:37 PM

Just to note this, your membership may take up to two weeks to put in place, but it will be there. You are not going to be ripped off, the back up just has been really bad. When I downgraded, it took close to two weeks for that to happen(not that I had to pay in that time, but still), so you just need to be patient.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Default Thanks......... - 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Just to note this, your membership may take up to two weeks to put in place, but it will be there. You are not going to be ripped off, the back up just has been really bad. When I downgraded, it took close to two weeks for that to happen(not that I had to pay in that time, but still), so you just need to be patient.
for letting me know about it possibly taking 2 weeks. I'll hang in there now that I know.

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?
Closed Thread