Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Membership (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/membership/)
-   -   What Happened To My Premium Membership? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/membership/20438-what-happened-my-premium-membership.html)

Louisiana 12-31-2008 07:08 PM

What Happened To My Premium Membership?

I want my Premium Membership.

Early this afternoon (Maybe 4 hours ago) I bought a year's Premium Membership using PayPal. According to what I read about PayPal, payments from there are supposed to go through as quickly as 30 seconds.

I even checked my e-mail and there was one from PayPal crediting my account there for the $22 for my subscription.

However, I keep checking my TDP front page and TDP account page for signs that my membership has been upgraded. It hasn't.:confused:

Has anyone else used PayPal to upgrade their membership and not had their TDP account updated in hours?

Silent_Wolf 01-01-2009 09:41 AM

GAAH!

Look, the site is horribly backed up right now. You are not the only person to experience this issue; once the site is caught up and fixed up, you will get your premium. Okay?

Louisiana 01-01-2009 11:57 AM

Thanks for your response!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf (Post 788760)
GAAH!

Look, the site is horribly backed up right now. You are not the only person to experience this issue; once the site is caught up and fixed up, you will get your premium. Okay?

Sorry about having been so antsy--I had been having a bad day yesterday and besides having read that I'd get Premium Membership after 30 seconds I'd been "spoiled" by having just paid by PayPal for extra benefits at another site and getting them instantly.:oops: So my expectations had been too high.

So I'll try to be patient. Hope the site is caught up and fixed up soon--I'm looking forward to getting Premium.

I'd also like to add that I enjoy this site and that as a newbie I've been finding new fun things almost every few days. Like the Candy Bar Dollmaker.

So I hope you didn't get a bad impression about me because of my complaint.

Take care and have a happy New Year! :-D

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 01-03-2009 03:37 PM

Just to note this, your membership may take up to two weeks to put in place, but it will be there. You are not going to be ripped off, the back up just has been really bad. When I downgraded, it took close to two weeks for that to happen(not that I had to pay in that time, but still), so you just need to be patient.

Louisiana 01-05-2009 11:15 PM

Thanks.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Post 790284)
Just to note this, your membership may take up to two weeks to put in place, but it will be there. You are not going to be ripped off, the back up just has been really bad. When I downgraded, it took close to two weeks for that to happen(not that I had to pay in that time, but still), so you just need to be patient.

for letting me know about it possibly taking 2 weeks. I'll hang in there now that I know. :mrgreen: