Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Main Dishes Ideas and Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner... dishes that usually takes a long time to cook ;)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-06-2009, 04:34 PM

i dont usually eat hamburgers, but when i do its either medium rare, or well done.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-03-2009, 10:46 PM

If the burger is made out of mince it should always be cooked right through, reason is that mince is a group of smaller particles of meat, rather than one piece off one part of one animal. All meat contains food poisoning bactiera but majority of it is killed through cooking, leaving only trace amounts that we have in our bodies anyway. In one pice of meat its fine to leave it slightly uncooked as bascteria usually live on the outside of meat. Mince burgers however, each little piece of mince contains the bactieria and each little piece needs to be cooked through, as due to the consistancy of mince, the bacteria also live on the inside of the burgers.

Im not sure about anywhere else but I know that in Australia serving bugers made of mince anything less than well done is a breech of food safety pactices for this very reason.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-02-2009, 05:16 PM

^Unless you get your beef from a reliable source and ground it up yourself, you should always thoroughly cook your meats. There's actually an internal temperature that you can reach to kill bacteria without making burgers well done, but you'd need a probe thermometer for that and those things are expensive.
--

It's official, I hate dry meats. O_o; I can't stand them. They're just so... the texture is very grainy and I don't like it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#24 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-15-2010, 03:51 PM

For my steaks, rare. I like them mooing, still. Lol.

For hamburgers, I also do well done. I'm afraid to eat pink hamburger meat.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-16-2010, 07:24 AM

Internal temperature is the words of the day. >_>

My boyfriend and most of his family like their steak mooing. As in, "Let it look at the oven in fear and bring it out here!" You know, barely legal? I think it's gross, but that's just me.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Nooo, that's how I like mine~ It's so juicy and tender! MM!

And nice "10th Kingdom" quote. =p

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM

I've never seen Tenth Kingdom, but my boyfriend's family uses that all the time when they order steak. I wondered where they got it from. XD

Me, I like my burgers a little pink. Not overly so; but one of my friends can eat his burgers RED in the middle and he says he's never, ever gotten sick from it. I don't know how he hasn't. *gag*

Halestorm
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-17-2010, 09:30 PM

Mmm, love rare steak. XD Got to be bleeding and almost mooing, or I won't touch it.

To me, if you like well done steak; you might as well take your shoe off, put it on your plate, and eat it.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Shuni

Default 05-17-2010, 10:53 PM

Ew. God. I know.

My boyfriend always got his steak well done. Always.

I pestered him and pestered him one day to try some of mine, and he ate the whole thing.

I think people who eat well-done have never tried rare. Lmao.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-18-2010, 08:44 AM

My boyf likes medium done, which is still better than well done, but a friend of ours won't eat steak unless it's well done, and it looks revolting, like leather. -.- I can't understand how she can eat it.