Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Jokes Do you know any jokes? Do you want to read some?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Sugar, you do realize that there are different accents here, right? Its not just one American accent. In fact, different regions in the city of New York have different accents. We're a very diverse peoples

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Where I live, West Virginia, there's a ton of different accents; I think my town's more an Appalachian accent with some weird steel-town accent thrown in. XD States all have different accents.

(I can feign a Spanish accent alright, thanks to my teacher last semester; she was so picky. XD)

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-22-2008, 09:45 AM

Yeah, I know there are many different American accents. I can do a southern one perfectly. XD Canadians and some places in America (more northern) have the same accent for the most part. We pronouce EVERY letter, so technically... It's the only accent that ISN'T really an accent at all.

I'm just glad some Americans are actually... smart. XD Well, Singer, isn't your dad dating a Canadian? In which case, you only know that because of that. XD

But there are 10 provinces, and 3 territories (which cover the most northern half). I will name them, west to east: British Columbia (B.C.), Yukon Territory, Alberta, North West Territory, Saskatchewan (I can spell with ease...), Nunavut Territory (MOST northern. It takes the little islands at the top.), Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec (French!), Newfoundland and Labrador (Last province to join confederation), New Brunswick (most bilingual province), Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island (smallest)!

I could also name a whole bunch of crap about each. XD

And my friend went down to New York with her American friend and the Americans STILL thought they won the war of 1812.

Technically, it couldn't have been a draw. British troops were only defending Canada, not trying to steal America or anything. So if it ended in a draw, wouldn't that make the British Canadians be the winners? Boy, that's confusing. Haven't studied that in school since... uh... Grade 8? Wow.

I'm taking American History&Geography this semester. O.o
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM

The most annoying thing is that American spellings get everywhere. Everywhere. I've found myself using Ize, rather then Ise. Ugh.

And what's more, they insist of calling Ireland part of 'the British Isles'. We're not. Technically North Ireland is theirs, but not the whole country! It's the Republic of Ireland, or European. Not British.

I get annoyed so easily.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyragirl (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-26-2008, 10:17 PM

I feel like an outcast because im not Canadian or um...having something to do with Britain...I liked the joke...I dont know what's wrong with not having 'U' in some words like favor,color,and honor...and its not really that there not spellled correctly because the way WE spell it just like you spell it differrent in Canada or where ever you go.But really i agree about the 'DOUGHNUT' thing.And dont mean to bring up anything really old but i do know places outside of America...I know about Kenya in Africa and Tokyo,Japan in Asia in which I have an abnormal obsession with...lol ....Oh and I dunno why -ize is so much more horrible than -ise...hey but thats my opinion...
Oh and pwease stop bwagging pwoor Amewica pwetty pwease with a chwerry on top...

"Can you feel, what I feel? What I feel, what I feel..."
Empathy
(#16 (permalink))
Old
FlowersFall (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-26-2008, 10:30 PM

I agree with every thing you wrote, but that "baby talk" was funny ^_^
(#17 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-30-2008, 01:57 PM

I laughed at it like crazy the first time, forgot about it, and just now came back and Rofled all over again. XD One thing I can't stand is when misinformed brits think a british guy wrote dracula. Gak. I wanted to introduce him to a dreadlord.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM

if you guys are annoyed with donut (and btw i never spell doughnut like that)
wait until you hear that we have this place called spudnut. its doughnut's made out of potato flour and fried in potato oil. they are the nastiest things in the world! btw im all for you guys winning the war!

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#19 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-04-2009, 08:10 AM

XD I do spell Doughnut correctly... but I'm one in a billion, aren't I? XD The only reason I might spell it 'donut' is if I'm referring to the company Dunkin Donuts.
*random rant* And why are doughnuts called doughtnuts anyways? They're dough-o's!

And I like salt and vinegar 'crisps', so vinegar 'chips' might be good. And, Miranda, you don't even like tea, so what on earth do you ddo at tea time? (No, this is a serious question. XD Really.)

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-04-2009, 08:28 AM

Drink coffee of course, silly! XD