Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Near or Farsighted? - 08-25-2013, 12:01 AM

Anyone else here where them? Are you nearsighted or farsighted?

I'm nearsighted (meaning I CAN see close up, have difficulties seeing things clearly from a distance). I have a pair of glasses, but I don't wear them often. I don't see the point in wearing them around my house. My vision isn't THAT bad.

When I do wear them though, I'm amazed at the clarity of everything. My nearsightedness happened gradually over the course of middle school / high school years. I noticed that whenever a teacher used an overhead projector, it was becoming harder to read. First I couldn't read any green marker used, then I couldn't read red marker either. Soon I could only read it if they used black, until finally I couldn't read anything on the overhead or even the chalkboard (or whiteboard, in some classes) unless I was at the front of class.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2013, 12:27 AM

I guess I'm nearsighted the...I always get confused. I can't see stuff far away. I wear them for watching TV and going out of the house cause otherwise I'm half blind. I can tell the shape of things, and where the are roughly, but I can'y discern nuances like facial expressions or read words...unless the words are really big or I know what they are, like an EXIT sign. I sometimes where contacts, but they make my eyes act up and overproduce sleep so that they're really dry the next day. Plus I'm terrible about not rubbing my eyes. I'v needed glasses since I was 10 (wow...I've been wearing them for 10 years already o_O). I kinds ruined my eyes by reading in very dim light when I was little xD

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
D3SP0 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-25-2013, 04:49 AM

I'm nearsighted. I've been wearing glasses since my freshman year of high school. I was in my science class, and the teacher had me assigned to a seat in the back of the room. I couldn't see a thing he would write on the board, so I moved up to the first row of desks, and STILL couldn't see! I had to get new glasses the next year, and the year after that too, because my vision kept getting worse!

Signature by: Keewee
Click Here for a doll
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2013, 09:15 AM

I'm extremely short sighted. I have to wear my glasses all the time, or else I can't see anything. I can just about make out stuff close up, but it has to be held against my face. If I don't wear my glasses, I get the most awful headaches as well as not being able to see anything.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I'm extremely short sighted. I have to wear my glasses all the time, or else I can't see anything. I can just about make out stuff close up, but it has to be held against my face. If I don't wear my glasses, I get the most awful headaches as well as not being able to see anything.
My sister is legally blind without her glasses.

I'm a bit near sited. It's only just started giving me problems. Never had a problem with it in my teenage years.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
LillyAwesome (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2013, 07:01 PM

I'm farsighted.... I think thats what its called. My vision isn't bad at all, just a little off in one eye. I wear them to see better up close, especially when I'm reading.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-25-2013, 07:12 PM

The first part of ____sightedness is what you CAN see clearly. I think everyone gets that confused. xD

My dad has incredibly bad eyesight (he needs to put his contacts in right away in the morning), and my mom is farsighted so she has reading classes. I'm paranoid of my eyes getting worse due to my genetics.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Glasses are cool now tho. My glasses are dark pink and hot pink and look fab. XD Much better than the horrible clonky NHS specs I used to have to wear back when I was at school. They were so nasty, I refused to wear them and ended up squinting all the time. XD

(#9 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-26-2013, 01:07 PM

I like my frames quite a lot; I've been told they really flatter my face well. They're rectangular with a coppery/bronze color, and the glasses themselves have that anti-glare stuff on them. They get dirty really quickly, though.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-26-2013, 01:14 PM

Nearsighted, with heavy astigmatism in my left and a little in my right. The frames are coppery with a lace pattern in the metal, and the frames are rectangular. Plus they're that gradient-shift kind that turns in the sun!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm