Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Broken Bones - 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM

I swear there was a thread for this a long time ago, but I couldn't find it. =/

I BROKE MY FIRST BONE EVER.

Crazy, right? Not too crazy... it was my picky toe. It looks SO GROSS. Not, "sticking out at a 90 degree angle with bone sticking out of my skin" gross, but my bone is almost coming out of my skin, my toe is at a 30 degree angle, and it has bruised and swelled to twice the size of my other pinky toe. It happened when I stubbed my toe on my laptop (which was foolishly right beside the bed) yesterday morning. It was bound to happen sometimes - I am notoriously bad for stubbing my toes of stuff. I have to watch where I'm going better. Luckily, being just the pinky toe, I can still walk (but putting shoes on hurts...) and I don't need to go to the hospital. Yay for me! I actually am loving this, since I've never broken anything it seems so cool. I think I might be crazy.

What bones have you guys broken before, and how did you break them?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM

Not many, touch wood, but enough. xD

Wrist - Broken once. Broke the first at work; I was working at a shire horse farm at the time and crushed it against a dray and the wall of the stable. It was the fault of the guy pushing it; he kept on pushing it when I yelled at him to stop. -.-

Ribs and hand bones - Once broke two ribs and several bones in my right hand when a stupid git knocked me off my motorbike. I was off work for three months and he ended up paying five grand for the privilege. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-05-2012, 01:35 AM

I've never broken any bones but I have severely sprained both my ankles and one of my wrists. My ankles have never actually healed properly and will probably require surgary in the future. My wrist healed but I now have carpal tunnel in it. Of course sprains are usually worse than breaks. :-[
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I've never broken anything either... surprisingly at that, i tend to do dangerous activities in the summer.

I did do some sever tissue damage to my ankle a few years ago... but the story is lame haha! I was getting up to walk my bf to the door since he was leaving, and i had been sitting on my foot and my foot was asleep... when i went to take a step my foot wasnt flat on the ground my toes were curled under, so when i stepped my ankle went forward.... it hurt so bad, and within a couple hours it was super swollen and already turing blue... the next day i had to go to class and walk almost all the way across campus... thats when i decided i should probably go to the doctor, so i went and had xrays and ended up getting a boot and crutches... which i didnt use the crutches at all, im crutches retarded. But my toes and foot turned blue... it was gross. I do agree, tissue damage is worse than a broken bone
(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Even though I've been dragged by a car, I've never broken or sprained anything...probably cause I don't do sports, like, at all xD

I probably have destroyed my back for life, though, because I regularly carry around about twice my body weight (or what feels like that amount) in textbooks and other school supplies. Almost every day. For the last 8 years. Makes proper breathing rather difficult.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-07-2012, 09:56 PM

^Car dragging? O_o

Broke my left wrist falling up a set of stairs when I was in middle school. It's never been quite right since; it was a buckle fracture, which is according to my cra'ckpot doc, worse than a hairline, but really the only problem I have is I can't bend it back all the way anymore and sometimes it causes some discomfort still. No carpal tunnel, no issues.

I busted my hip about a year ago tripping over and falling on a curb; had a bruise bigger than my da.mn head on it for a month before it got better and I was limping for two. Back in April it gave me a seize and I couldn't walk period for two days. It hasn't bothered me since but I've been keeping an eye on it and making sure I'm stretched.

My right foot has a horrible tendency to bend in half. Mind you, it's not what you're thinking in terms of bending; not toes-down, more like a piece of paper folded hot-dog style (longways). It does it spontaneously, and without warning; and it always, always hurts after. :\ But the episodes while happening more often don't leave pain like they used to, so I haven't needed my ankle wraps in about a year. This started after I bent my foot running in my house in high school.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Santa_Claus (Offline)
Father Christmas
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2012, 12:37 PM

♪ Dashing through the mall...
On a late December day,
Through the $tores we go
Charging all the way...

Ching ... Ching ... Ching ...

Bell$ on register$ ring
Making checkbook$ light,
Oh, what fun it is to buy up
Everything in $ight!

Ching ... Ching ... Ching ...

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells
The kids all yell and scream
To us it sounds like anarchy
But to them it's harmony-HEY!

The children tipped the tree
Antique ornaments smashed to bits
The kids each say "not me"

Dad goes to work each day
Engineering things for flight
But his real job is at home
Refereeing little fights

Mom drives the kids around
In an ancient Caravan
Karate, swimming, children's choir
Espresso in her hand-HEY!

Jingle all the way
Our wish to you is that you have
A... Happy... Holi-dayyyyyyyyy. ♪

Merry Christmas everyone!!