Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Acne Skin Care Products - 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Considering either most of us were teenagers once (or are going to be) everyone should know what acne is. I'm still a teen so I'm kind of used to getting it along with everyone else I know. Recently I tried Proactive and it did crap! It helped for a small amount of time, but I never was really acne free.
Anyone have suggestions for other acne skin care products?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-01-2012, 11:27 AM

My doctor when I was in middle school put me on this stuff called Duac; it's an external medication and basically was like proactive - except it bloody WORKED. To this day I have not had much trouble with acne; think I used it for about three months in sixth grade. Sounds like one of those ridiculous and dumb miracle ads doesn't it But it did work, and my brother uses it too.

One you should not use: Accutane. There are so many problems with this medication, it is unbelievable. Side effects range from suicidal depression to requiring the removal of a large chunk of your large intestine due to scarring.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
One you should not use: Accutane. There are so many problems with this medication, it is unbelievable. Side effects range from suicidal depression to requiring the removal of a large chunk of your large intestine due to scarring.
I took Accutane.

As to the suicude: The side effect is listed as; may cause an increase in suicidal thoughts in teenagers and young adults. It doesn't cause depression or suicide. It also can't be 100% for sure linked to any suicides becuase there are too many variables with teenage bodies. Hormones and chemicals in teens are so unstable that most meds (including anti-depressants) have this label.

As for the intesinte thing. Accutane was mostly linked with Liver Damage. And it was recommended that patients were monitored with regular blood and liver tests.

Anyways if Proactiv didn't work for you then you might try actually going to a dermatoligist. They can get topical creams that can help if you have severe acne. Of course it could also be that you just need to change your facial wash or make up or hair care products.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM

I know someone who uses Acutane, and it seriously messed up his skin. It really dries it out and peels. But I think he got a steroid creme to help.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 02-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Dry skin is one of the side-effects. His doctor should have reccommended the use of a moisturizer daily with it.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#6 (permalink))
Old
keewee (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 03-16-2013, 08:10 PM

I have moderate acne and hate it with all my guts! I go to a dermatologist and have prescribed face cream for morning and night. The cremes are seperate. I have a good dermatologist but we may switch. The nurse was there about most of the time, and the doctor did squat! Just checked me over, agreed with what the nurse thought I should go on, and bye bye check up done. I mean your going to see the dermatologist, not the nurse!!!!
LOL

My Avi: A Doll A La Kriz
My Siggy: Me
Check out my shop!!!
http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/r...wees-shop.html

(#7 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 04-07-2013, 08:57 AM

I never really had bad acne through puberty, so once I hit 18 years old i figured i was in the clear (no pun intended). But now I'm 19 years old and my skin has never looked worse! so frustrating and embarassing but I don't know what to do! I have combination skin and it's so difficult.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM

My current face wash is just about out, but I found this interesting face mask idea. The main ingredients are honey,nutmeg, and milk. It's supposed to get rid of acne. I guess I'll find out soon! Vitamin HB | Acne Miracle Mask! Huda Beauty – Makeup and Beauty Blog, How To, Makeup Tutorial, DIY, Drugstore Products, Celebrity Beauty Secrets and Tips

(#9 (permalink))
Old
fabulous_doller24 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 04-23-2014, 07:43 PM

Cetaphil is good for a gentle face wash that won't upset your skin. If I'm suffering breakout-city, I use Neutrogena Acne Stress Control cream wash followed by a Cetaphil moisturizer.