Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   People Who WANT To Be Morbidly Obese? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/23182-people-who-want-morbidly-obese.html)

TheHayleyDoll 05-22-2012 04:34 PM

People Who WANT To Be Morbidly Obese?

I just watched Dr.Phil today, and they had a woman (Suzanne Eman) on who said she was 700lbs (although Dr.Phil weighed her in at the mid-500s, which caused her to have a mini panic-attack) and wanted to break the record of World's Heaviest Woman at 1600lbs. O_O

At first, she (and her loved ones) went on and on about how "it doesn't matter, as long as she's healthy", but after hearing that a doctor told her the exact OPPOSITE (saying, "she's playing Russian roulette with her life") and that she ate between 20,000 and 30,000 calories worth of food (most of which unhealthy things, like 4 corndogs, 10 tacos, 3 ham&cheese sandwhiches, 2 bacon cheeseburgers, an entire bag of chips, 6 candy bars, etc... in a single day), they changed their minds.

In the end, Dr. Phil offered her help at a weight loss center, her family begged her to take it, and she did. Thank God.

But this isn't just one person. I remember not long ago there was another woman claiming to want to be the world's heaviest. I looked it up, and Donna Simpson is her name and she currently has the record for being the heaviest woman to give birth and 500-something pounds. She also claimed that she was healthy and loved her body. Upon looking her back up, I found out that she too is going on a diet after breaking up with her chubby-chasing fiance.

Have you ever heard of this? o_O It's obviously not healthy. Right now I feel like I want to lose 10-15lbs to my goal weight of 120, but I'm only 135lbs. I can't imagine being over 500! For them to say, "Oh, it's okay, I'm healthy" but then talk about being unable to walk long distances, or having difficulty going down stairs, getting in and out of bed, or even being unable to stand in one place while cooking? Healthy people don't have those problems.

Miranda_ 05-23-2012 07:10 AM

I heard about Donna Simpson; I thought from the start that her fiance was a "feeder"; a guy who got turned on by feeding his other half large amounts of food. I thought she was being incredibly selfish, especially since she had kids; what if she'd had a heart attack and left them alone?

Also, while it's fine to love yourself if you're only a little overweight, or have wobbly bits, if you are unable to climb the stairs without practically having a seizure at the top, or eat a meal that could safely feed a family of four, then you are not healthy and should quit kidding yourself.

I also don't think that these people should ever get a free gastric band/bypass on the NHS; they should instead either pay for it themselves (if they cut down on their food bill, they should be able to afford it) or lose weight the old fashioned way; ie, by taking their head out of the trough and exercising.

I'm currently on a healthy eating kick and walking loads cuz I want to lose my tummy and tone up a bit. I lost nearly two stone just by cutting out unhealthy snacks, not eating between meals and walking everywhere; it's not hard, and it's certainly not expensive. In fact, I've saved money by cutting back on food and walking is free.

Icewolf 05-26-2012 04:48 PM

I don't understand why people do it either. I'm diabetic and it must be genetic because a big proportion of my family also have it. I have to watch what I eat and there's loads of types of food which I have to watch out for to such an extent that it gets ridiculous sometimes and that's when you don't over eat. These people (cos there are men who do it as well) aren't just making themselves at risk of having an heart attack - there's a higher risk of having a stroke, going blind, kidney failure and loads of other nasty things. They must have a psychological problem to not see what damage they are doing to themselves.