Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-02-2012, 12:10 AM

I for one, am 100% against smoking... saying that, I'm also in Nursing school, so health promotion is my number one objective. Also, this last summer, i saw two instances of long time smokers coming face to face with the reality that it can kill them. One had a major heart attack and the second had a stroke that caused temporary paralysis in half her face (these were both family friends).

Its not the fact that other people smoking bothers me, thats your choice, but it concerns me how dangerous it is... because i genuinely care about people.

I do agree with some smokers being inconsiderate and ruining it for everyone else. When I went to the community college, i would walk from one class to another and there was almost always someone in front of me smoking, so id try and walk slower to get out of their smoke. The campus did have designated smoking areas but no one used them.

A few years ago in Spokane... im not sure if its just the city or the whole county, but a law was put in place, so to smoke the person has to go outside and has to be 25 feet from any door, window or exit. Also, my current campus at WSU spokane is SMOKE FREE! And i can not tell you how nice it is, you dont notice until its implemented, but its nice to not have people smoking everywhere.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just voicing my opinion and i respect everyone elses.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-02-2012, 07:54 AM

I tend to become fairly sick around smokers - my throat starts to go sour like I have a bad cold and I feel nauseated on top of that. I don't know exactly what this reaction is, but it's a large part of why I don't like going home to visit my dad and mom because they're both smokers; in the case of my mother, she's living with two smokers as well.

That being said: If you're smoking, good on you. That's your thing, you do what you do, babe. Just please if you see me starting to gag on the smell of your cigarettes, please don't get mad at me for sitting near you. It's a bus stop; I kind of have to sit here, too.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-02-2012, 07:59 AM

A lot of the bus stops round my way are nonsmoking; I usually stand outside them to smoke, but I can't control the way the smoke goes. Basically, everyone does things that are unhealthy and antisocial; no-one can claim the moral high ground here. My smoke might be making someone cough, but then, their child's ear splitting screeching is giving me a headache.