Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Constant Nausea? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/23051-constant-nausea.html)

Silent_Wolf 09-18-2011 07:42 PM

Constant Nausea?

First: No, I am not pregnant. :lol: Wanted to get that out of the way.

On to the point:

I've been experiencing what feels like constant, permanent nausea for the past three weeks. It's worse around food - but I do not have to be eating for the nausea to kick in, it's as though just thinking about food is making me ill. Granted, I've been extremely stressed out over the past couple weeks (finals, roommate problems, personal issues), but I was able to eat just fine under other periods of high stress. I don't think it's my birth control, and I've also been eating as healthy as I can, being in college and all that (fruits, eggs, occasional meats and salads, junk food once in a blue moon with NO ramen in sight), and the only time I can recall eating anything that could make me sick is the General Tso's chicken I get from the local Chinese place once a week if I have the spare cash for it. :|

Any idea what this could be caused by? I'm hoping it's not me being sicky, and that it's just leftover stress hormones. x.x

Kiwi_Kat 09-18-2011 08:52 PM

You could possibly have gotten a parasite from some vegetable or maybe even that chicken you were talking about. It might not be a big problem, but it could also be pretty serious. I don't know how finances are for you but maybe going to the doctor for some tests. have you had and turkey recently? I know there have been lot's of ground turkey recalls because of eColi contamination. Hopefully it's nothing that serious, or you could just be having a bad case of stomach flu, that sometimes last for a while depending on which one you could have gotten.

LancasterPrincess 09-19-2011 02:39 PM

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I know your post starts out with "you're not pregnant", but I just wanted to throw this out there: I got pregnant while taking birth control. Course, I was feeling nauseous AND tired, so you probably have nothing to worry about if it's just nausea. I was completely adamant that I wasn't pregnant, I got irritated with people for a week, then finally took a test "to prove them all wrong, so they can start giving me realistic diagnosis"...LOL. If you're not sexually active in any way shape or form (there's more than the traditional way of getting pregnant) then obviously you have nothing to worry about. But if you've been active at all, even just foreplay, I'd get a test taken.

I'm not trying to irritate you, believe me, I know the irritation, lol, but I was convinced 8 months ago too.

If you have not been active then I'd suggest going to the doctor asap. Nausea for a prolonged period of time isn't very common and can be seriously dangerous if you can't eat anything for a long period of time. Worse, if it is some type of parasite, you don't want it getting larger whilst you're unaware.

I wish you the best in figuring this out!

Silent_Wolf 09-19-2011 03:02 PM

No, I'm not active. XD

At this point I've ruled out parasites, guys; I've shared this food with my roommates and none of them have the same problem as me; not to mention, I can't stomach turkey at all, so I really doubt it's e. coli.

I will be seeing my doc about this - but at this point I'm nearly positive that it's my nerves over my parents' upcoming divorce. Ever since Mom told me she and Dad were separated, I've just felt absolutely cruddy. And yes, I've been speaking to a therapist about it, but I don't think that gets rid of the subconscious worry about it. :(

Not to mention, I've been eating despite the nausea. I just feel really ick.

Kiwi_Kat 09-19-2011 10:24 PM

if you're so sure it's nerves, If you have the opportunity, you should just take a day to completely RELAX. Pop on your favorite movie, take a bubble bath, and maybe even write out how you're feeling in a journal. I know that really helped me when I was going through some very high stress situations (believe me, my childhood was pretty messed up).Try to hang in there, my prayers will be with you that you can handle it and that you aren't ill.

LancasterPrincess 09-21-2011 07:40 AM

Yeah. That'll do it. My sister and I both get nauseous from nerves of the extreme. And that whole "theatrical throw up" when extremely nervous? My sister has done that before, and I knew an Ex once that was sick for 2 weeks after I'd split up with him. Couldn't keep anything down, poor guy, ended up in the hospital for malnutrition and dehydration.

If you think it's nerves then I believe it. I'm sorry you're going through a divorce. My parents split when I was REALLY young (5th grade), so I don't have much advice for coping. I like to read in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and candles, or just do an at home spa day in general. You could enlist your mother to help if she's the maternal type? Tell her you haven't felt well since the blow and would like some help getting through this. Good luck!