Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default Short-Term Weight Loss - 06-05-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm trying to lose at least 5-8 pounds before heading to Disneyland on the 27th of this month. I have a few reasons for it. One is two feel better about myself, another is so I won't get tired easily and to keep going with this weight loss.
I am currently 16 years old, weigh around 130-135, and 5'2. Everyday I practice my dancing and that really helps. The only problem is, I'm starting to get tired easily.
So my queston is, any ideas to get me started other than eating healthy?

NOTE: I would like to keep my chest. Although most of the growth for them comes from my asthma meds, I acutally do like to brag about them. Dont judge me. I'm proud of them. >.>

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Short term - easy. Eat less, like 600 calories a day ( but still manage to stick in all five food groups! ) and excercise. Just excercise all day long, and if you don't eat a lot, then the weight will go. It will go. I know 600 calories isn't a lot but this isn't a long-term weight loss plan, so it's not like you're going to be living on that forever.

I manage to lose 5 pounds very easily whenever I want to by simply skipping food for a day and playing the computer instead but it's not as healthy as the alternative listed above. xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Default 06-05-2011, 03:43 PM

I really dont snack like I used to, so I've been maintaing the same weight with spikes of gaining and losing weight.
I should also mention a few health problems, of course I do have astham, but it's mostly a problem in winter so now, it's not acting up. I also do suffer from depession and since it's gotten better, it mostly comes up in flares and I don't really eat when one does happen. There is also a possiblty of me having anemia and insomnia.

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-05-2011, 05:49 PM

You should NOT eat any less than 1,200 calories a day, which I believe is the amount of energy your body need sot function correctly.

For losing weight, focus on eating less meat, only whole grains, and veggies.

For exercise, a whole day would just be damaging to the body. Stick to perhaps an hour of cardio stuff a day (things like dancing with lots of jumping and moving around, focusing on keeping heart-rate up). Also, moves classified as "boot camp" could help... wouldn't be surprised I youtube had vids.

I lost 4 lbs in one week by sticking to these methods. ^^

(#5 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Default 06-05-2011, 06:06 PM

I really dont eat meat, so I got that down. And then dancing I practice is hip-hop, so thats takes alot of energy.
As for eating, the veggies will help me alot, I'd eat the whole-grain foods, but I'm suck with just plan white bread, seeing as how I'm allergic to wheat and whole-grain foods.

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Aww. Then stick to other foods with lots of fiber, and eat less of the bread; the fiber helps clean out your system and pushes the food through a bit faster.

Just make sure you do an hour of the dancing, and change up the dances you do; if the moves become too familiar to your body, you stop losing the weight.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 06-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Try to eat a lot of fruit & vegetables. Also, eat small meals. I would run, do some crunches, etc. Drink lots of water and try to cut down on sugery juices & soda.

Basically, just eat right & exercise. I lost a few pounds by doing that. I'm 125 & 5'2, I know you can lose weight! ^.^

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#8 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Default 06-05-2011, 07:00 PM

I will totally try that.
I do the dancing for about an hour or two, and I will try to change the dances up more.
*Stares at the Coke in the fridge* T.T

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 06-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Glad I hate all pop/soda XD

(#10 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Default 06-05-2011, 09:40 PM

I'm still functioning properly.