Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-05-2011, 10:53 PM

It's still not a good idea to promote; if anyone starts seeing that as the only way to lose weight, they'll stop doing it short-term and start doing it long...

And, I know you stressed the 'short'-term' part, but since when has anyone on the internet paid attention to an entire message? We cannot assume Naruto-fan's going to be the only one who might be looking for weight-related advice who will read this.

I learned the hard way a few years back; err on the side of caution when it comes to saying things on the internet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 06-05-2011, 11:07 PM

I agree with spirit on this. It's pretty much a given to not consume a low amount of cals per day, trust me.

“Morning, sunshine."
Vlad blinked at her. "Morning, sulfuric acid."
"Pardon me?"
"Well, isn't it just kinda wrong to call a vampire 'sunshine'?”
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-06-2011, 01:20 AM

: | Well that's fine, I was just trying to give the quickest way I knew, seeing as it says "short term" but whatever. ~ Good luck anyway.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_fan View Post
I will totally try that.
I do the dancing for about an hour or two, and I will try to change the dances up more.
*Stares at the Coke in the fridge* T.T
Don't get me wrong, you can still have soda. But just try to have a few a week. I'm a heavy Coke Zero drinker (thank you Josh Ramsay for showing me this delicious stuff) but I only have 2-3 a week. Aahahah like all Trenchers drink Coke Zero xD.

Edit: I have also learned the hard way to not drink that much Coke Zero in one day because it doesmake you gain weight. >.< Thank you delicious vixen making me gain a few pounds. Now I cut down so it's easier for me to not drink as much.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]

Last edited by ColorPencil : 06-06-2011 at 12:06 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Default 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM

But it was the rest of the bottle, I already had half of it already before I made the thread. lol So I'm trying to limit myself, which is hard becuase I'm a huge Coke drinker.

“Morning, sunshine."
"Pardon me?"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Not to light fire under this already hot topic, but to those consuming minimal calories a day:

It does work the quickest, at first, but there are SEVERE consequences. One of which is that it destroys your metabolism. Trust me, I know, I used to be anorexic in high school. My metabolism is permanently shot because of it. Now, seven years later, it's incredibly hard for me to lose weight. Why? Because my body goes into starvation mode with even the slightest hint of a diet. How is that bad? Your body is smart, it remembers how to defend itself. When it thinks I'm doing something INCREDIBLY STUPID, like going back to anorexia, it goes into starvation mode, which means it slows the metabolism WAY down and makes it nearly impossible to lose weight. So that "quick fix" that worked years ago? Doesn't work anymore, period, and it prevents a lot of other, healthier, methods as well.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone in particular, so please don't take this as a debatable topic to argue, but if someone does happen across that advice, I'd like them to be fully aware that there are consequences they may never thought of. When I was anorexic all I ever thought would happen was that IF it would ever get out of control, that my organs would shut down, but that's only the most-advertised problem. There are some that aren't commonly known that can affect you long-term, other than death or organ failure, and it happens much sooner than the instantly bad consequences.

As for the OP, my advice to you is to go find your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). That's the amount of calories YOUR body NEEDS to survive. 1,200 calories a day is actually an average number, much like the 2,000 calorie a day you see for percentages on food lables. Each body is different, if you're tall and sporty, you'll need more, if you're short and don't move around a whole lot, you'll need less. There's even sites online that tell you what your BMR is, and exactly how many calories you'll need to lose weight safely for YOUR body type.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Default 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check some of those sites out.

“Morning, sunshine."
"Pardon me?"
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM

I lost a few pounds by working out every other day and eating healthy. One of my workout days is a heavy one that I use in 17 magazine. The rest of them are light. I built up abs & I don't have much flab anymore. I need to get into habit in working out again. xD

Eat the normal calories a day but eat it in light stuff such as fruit, yogurt, salad, etc. It's totally normal to treat yourself every once in a while. Sometimes I just have a "cheat" day and just eat crap but work it off the next day.

I'm 5'4 and about 123 and I'm happy. If you need motivation to lose weight just let me know (:

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]