Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Fun Excersices? - 05-03-2011, 03:50 PM

I'm trying to lose weight. I currently weigh 130 but I'm about 5'3. /: I have virtually no stomach but all my weight goes to my legs. It does that because I had a rare leg disease called Shuffler's Syndrome when I was little (not that many people get it). I'm a little hypotonic still but it's gone. (=

My ideal weight I want to get to the end of the summer is 118. By the end of the year I want to get to 110.

I've been eating really healthy lately. I always bring my lunch to school except on Fridays, because it's pizza and I know I can treat myself. I usually eat healthy dinners always so it's not a problem. I am trying to cut down on my computer time and try to not use many apps on my phone so I'm not tempted. I recently started working out again.

The problem is that I don't have as many fun excersices. It's hard for our family to get active in actual sports teams for private reasons. I dance with my sister and I do this fun routine out of 17 magazine. I usually do crunches and strech, etc.

So I was wondering if anyone had any fun excersices/routines? I'd accept any, easy or hard. My goal by this summer is to get to 118 or close. To be honest, I stopped trying to lose weight the bad way (I had an eating disorder for a while but I've stopped). I got better from that. I'd really appreciate any. (: Thanks!

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 05-03-2011, 05:29 PM

K-pop dances. Alot of them are tons of fun, it doesnt matter that you may or may not be a great dancer, all that matters is that you reach your goal.
Since all the weight is in you legs, alot of K-pop dances use alot of the calves and upper leg areas, so alot are good for workouts. And the ones that dont use alot of those areas are acutally good for workouts too.

The one that comes to mind is Breathe by miss A. It's tons of fun, and easy but very tiring but worth it.
YouTube - [M/V_dance ver.] miss A(미쓰에이) "Breathe" (브리드) from [Step Up]

Another one is Lucifer by SHINee. Even though it has tutting and popping here and there, it's great for a workout.
YouTube - SHINee(샤이니) _ LUCIFER (Only Dance Ver.)

Kivat!
Kivatte Ikuze!
Henshin
Gabu
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Something that would be easy that you could increase in intensity however you like is yoga. I really enjoy yoga because you can do it anytime and its a nice way to calm your mind at night or wake your body up in the morning. I feel yoga a lot in my legs, it could help you tone them since a lot of the exercises are very leg-focused. You could do it from home and all you'd need is a mat (or a towel, though I suggest a nice thick mat. I find I need the cushion underneath my knees for some exercises) and clothes you can move in, like sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Here are some of the videos I like to do, but you can find all sorts of stuff from beginner to weight loss to elderly (like you need that ). It helps to switch up the videos so you don't get bored with the routine, that's why I have so many to choose from.
Veoh - Yoga Morning Sequence
YouTube - yogatic's Channel
Hulu - Yoga Zone: Yoga for Weight Loss - Watch the full episode now. (This is intense, definitely do not do this immediately!)
YouTube - Weight Loss Yoga Challenge for Beginners

Av & Sig Credit: Me