Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Birth Control (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/22329-birth-control.html)

NotYourPrincess 05-19-2010 04:13 AM

Birth Control

I'm sorta surprised that there hasn't been a thread made about this yet!

I know a lot of girls take it just to regulate their periods, but there are different types.
In the U.S., if you haven't had a child yet, they limit you to what you can use. I've only ever been offered the shot and the pill.

What do you guys use, and what problems have you had out of it?

I know the Depo-Provera shot gave me a lot of problems. I had HORRIBLE periods and major weight loss.

So..I switched over to Ortho-Try Cyclen-Lo...which has made me gain weight.

Have you guys gained weight? If so, hooow do you keep it off?

Miranda_ 05-19-2010 07:15 AM

Just take the regular pill, Microgynen, which I have taken since I was eleven years old and put on it to sort my terrible periods and PMS. My boyf also wears condoms.

I haven't had any weight gain at all; the only side effects I get is an occasional headache. The pill works best for me, but some day I would like to be sterilised. However, it is virtually impossible for women who do not have kids to get this done, as doctors will always say, "Oh, but you'll change your mind." :roll: Men can get the snip done easily without any bother; it's just sexism.

Silent_Wolf 05-19-2010 08:23 AM

^I think that's because a vasectomy has the possibility of being reversed. If you get your tubes tied, it's not just them being tied off; they're cauterized as well. You can't reverse that, and that's why they want you to be absolutely sure. My aunt wants something similar done, though for a completely different reason, and they told her the same thing.

I'm on that pill as well, NotYourPrincess; I don't really have any reaction to it. However, I will say that I want to be back on my other pill; Ortho doesn't work as well on my mood swings. -_- I've never been offered a shot.

Miranda_ 05-19-2010 08:27 AM

Actually, you can get your tubes clipped; that's reversable. It's got nothing to do with that at all; I've asked for the lesser operation and still gotten the same response. -.- I'm not going to change my mind; I didn't want kids as an eighteen year old and I don't want them now.

NotYourPrincess 05-19-2010 11:57 AM

Yeah, here we can't even get implants. You have to have a kid to get something like Mirena.

Which really sucks, because I hate having to take a pill every day.

I went through HORRIBLE mood swings when I switched from the shot to the pill.

I remember one time, me and my boyfriend went to KFC, and I wanted a chicken diner with mashed potatoes and cole slaw...
And I ordered it.

And they gave me this crappy meal that had these nasty looking potatoe wedges.

I didn't say anything until we got out to the car and I started crying, and my boyfriend didn't really know what to do, so he just started driving, but said, "Do you want me to turn around?"

I shook my head...
And abou a minute later yelled "FINE! DON'T TURN AROUND!"