Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bespectacledsquid

Default Sweaty armpits. - 05-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Kay, so, for the past three years, I've had really sweaty underarms. It's gross. I use antiperspirant/deodorant and I've looked up ways to make it stop; apple cider vinegar didn't do anything, baking soda burned and didn't help, and some even said to stop using deodorant. Nothing helped. Sometimes, if it's really bad one day, I'll even start smelling gross. I can't lift my arms unless I'm wearing a sweatshirt that'll hide the giant sweat stains I get on my shirts, and with summer coming, I can't wear a sweatshirt. I'm just super sick of it. I've been debating telling my mom to make a doctor's appointment, but it's really awkward to talk to her about something like that. Any suggestions? Please?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-02-2010, 10:55 AM

If antiperspirants don't work, then your only option really is to see your doctor. Don't let embarrassment stop you; your doctor has seen it all before and will be able to help you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 05-02-2010, 12:12 PM

I have the EXACT same problem...well did.

I can give two pieces of advice. One, go to the store and buy Secret Clicical Strength deoderant. It comes in a box and it's one of the most expensive deoderants I've come across (unfortunately) but it WORKS! In order for it to it's full potential read and follow the instructions. You must put it on after showers and before bed. How does it work? The deoderant plugs your sweat glands in your armpits. So by putting in on before bed it'll have more time to settle without sweat getting in the way. This deoderant has SERIOUSLY slowed down the wetness issue A LOT.

BUT I still cannot wear cotton shirts most of the time. Solution? Most of my shirts are made of 92% Polyester and 8% Spandex. You can find TONS of these kinds of shirts at Ross, and they're cheap there too! Why this fabric? It breathes REALLY well, so if you do still get your shirt wet it dries in no time flat, AND it's EXTREMELY hard to see wet spots.

Hope this helps! And yes, go see a doctor if over-the-counter advice doesn't work out for you. I would, but I'm fine using these two tips as it is, so there's no need for me to go. BE CAREFUL though! If you have sensitive skin be sure to tell your doctor! My brother in law has the same issues and what his doctor perscribed gave him a rash under his arms that hurt something awful. I don't know if there are sensitive options but if there are then the doctor will find something for you.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bespectacledsquid

Default 05-02-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
If antiperspirants don't work, then your only option really is to see your doctor. Don't let embarrassment stop you; your doctor has seen it all before and will be able to help you.
Oh, I have no problem with talking to a doctor, it's my mom that it'd be awkward with. :/
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-02-2010, 03:11 PM

According to your profile, you're seventeen. You should be able to make an appointment to see your doctor on your own, without having to tell your mum. I was able to do that at sixteen quite easily; dunno if it's different where you are.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-02-2010, 04:30 PM

If she's American, it is; you need insurance cards for everything, and the only way to get one of those is by going through a parent/guardian; no seventeen-year-old has a health insurance card in their wallet that I know of. So, if she's american, she'd have to go through her mom either way.

And, judging by how she so natually said "mom" instead of "mum", I can assume she is American.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 05-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Pharmacist then; at least, at first; otherwise, if they can't prescribe something that works, she's going to have to bite the bullet and talk to her mother. It may seem embarrassing, but I'm sure her mother would understand; she might have well gone thru the exact same thing herself.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 05-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_queen View Post
If she's American, it is; you need insurance cards for everything, and the only way to get one of those is by going through a parent/guardian; no seventeen-year-old has a health insurance card in their wallet that I know of. So, if she's american, she'd have to go through her mom either way.

And, judging by how she so natually said "mom" instead of "mum", I can assume she is American.
That depends entirely upon the person and where they live.

If she has a job and no insurance, then she can just pay for the visit.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.