Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nikkolai (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 7 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Insomnia - 04-09-2010, 06:39 PM

I wondered if anyone has Insomnia here? I don't have it at least I don't think I do....I just have this severe inability to sleep at night.

It started out when I used to sleep a lot straight after school, I found I didn't need to sleep at night anymore, but I didn't think anything of it.

Now i'm older though I have my job and I work late shifts (work in a bar) and I get home, totally shattered, but I can't get to sleep. At all. I try so hard, and its gets to like 5 in the morning by the time I feel myself drift off, and I wake up 4 hours later totally drained.

I've taken nightnurse and other meds for this and they're no help. I could go to my doctor about it, but i'm skeptical about taking drugs to knock myself out....

Any suggestions?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-09-2010, 07:11 PM

I've had some major problems sleeping for the past several weeks, though I know the cause is some anxiety about a thing I'm doing for college.

I find something that helps at least marginally is reading a book before bed. It kind of helps quiet your thoughts down after a long day/night. Also, cutting back on caffeine will probably sc'rew up your sleep patterns for awhile, especially if you drank it a lot.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Here's some useful tips: Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Worst thing you can do is lie in bed, tossing and turning. Get up and sit in the living room with a book and have a drink of hot chocolate or milk.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-10-2010, 02:27 PM

I have weird, rolling insomnia. I was up all night last night, for instance.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Almendra (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-10-2010, 10:17 PM

Certain types of tea can assist in sleeping. Some types of tea can make it more difficult to sleep. I suggest you know about the tea you're consuming so you do not get yourself all nerved up. Caffeine isn't always good for the emotions, it can make people more irritable and easily nervous. Some people with certain conditions can die as a result of too much caffeine, even if the substance is merely coffee. Also, using fairy dust may assist in you sleeping. It did for me. Find techniques to relax yourself may assist in getting you to be able to sleep. Certain music, literature and art may relax you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
nikkolai (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 7 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Lol, I don't drink tea so much anymore, but not much works for me, last night I got a good 7 hours sleep but I woke up totally knackered. It drives me insane. I don't sleep, i'm tired, I sleep, i'm tired. I can't win.

Music used to help me but lately its more of a distraction.
Thanks for the suggestions though, I will try some out i've not tried yet.