Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Insomnia (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/22248-insomnia.html)

nikkolai 04-09-2010 06:39 PM

Insomnia

I wondered if anyone has Insomnia here? I don't have it at least I don't think I do....I just have this severe inability to sleep at night.

It started out when I used to sleep a lot straight after school, I found I didn't need to sleep at night anymore, but I didn't think anything of it.

Now i'm older though I have my job and I work late shifts (work in a bar) and I get home, totally shattered, but I can't get to sleep. At all. I try so hard, and its gets to like 5 in the morning by the time I feel myself drift off, and I wake up 4 hours later totally drained.

I've taken nightnurse and other meds for this and they're no help. I could go to my doctor about it, but i'm skeptical about taking drugs to knock myself out....

Any suggestions?

Silent_Wolf 04-09-2010 07:11 PM

I've had some major problems sleeping for the past several weeks, though I know the cause is some anxiety about a thing I'm doing for college.

I find something that helps at least marginally is reading a book before bed. It kind of helps quiet your thoughts down after a long day/night. Also, cutting back on caffeine will probably sc'rew up your sleep patterns for awhile, especially if you drank it a lot.

Miranda_ 04-09-2010 08:02 PM

Here's some useful tips: Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Worst thing you can do is lie in bed, tossing and turning. Get up and sit in the living room with a book and have a drink of hot chocolate or milk.

AaronShadows 04-10-2010 02:27 PM

I have weird, rolling insomnia. I was up all night last night, for instance.

Almendra 04-10-2010 10:17 PM

Certain types of tea can assist in sleeping. Some types of tea can make it more difficult to sleep. I suggest you know about the tea you're consuming so you do not get yourself all nerved up. Caffeine isn't always good for the emotions, it can make people more irritable and easily nervous. Some people with certain conditions can die as a result of too much caffeine, even if the substance is merely coffee. Also, using fairy dust may assist in you sleeping. It did for me. Find techniques to relax yourself may assist in getting you to be able to sleep. Certain music, literature and art may relax you.

nikkolai 04-11-2010 12:15 PM

Lol, I don't drink tea so much anymore, but not much works for me, last night I got a good 7 hours sleep but I woke up totally knackered. It drives me insane. I don't sleep, i'm tired, I sleep, i'm tired. I can't win.

Music used to help me but lately its more of a distraction.
Thanks for the suggestions though, I will try some out i've not tried yet.