Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Leg cramps - 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM

I sometimes get cramps in my calf muscle for no flipping reason. -.- I sometimes can stop them before they begin but sometimes, like just now for example, a flipping leg cramp comes out of nowhere and I end up in agony for about five minutes. It's really irritating and my leg aches for ages after.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-27-2010, 05:04 PM

I think I know what you're talking about...where it feels like it's twisting up on it's own accord? My foot and calves do that. I find the best way to stop it is to stand up immediately and stretch/extend my muscles to their fullest. If I don't stop it in time my foot/calves will be sore, and feel extremely tired.

I've heard that's a potassium problem. Try eating more bananas. Oh and drinking more water too.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-27-2010, 05:11 PM

Yeah, that's it. It's really annoying, especially if it happens when I'm trying to relax. -.-

The problem is, I have a pathological dislike of water on its own, so I don't drink it. Does it count adding squash? I like bananas tho; that wouldn't be a problem. XD

(#4 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I have a pathological dislike of water on its own, so I don't drink it.
You and my husband both! He HATES water by itself. I've read so many mythbusters and they always seem to be changing. Like coffee still counts as water, or does the caffiene cancle it out? Tea too, and kool aid with sugar. I can't remember if it counted or not.

Aaron drinks tang in the mornings and kool aid in the evenings. He drinks loads of coffee at work and the occasional tea. I THINK he's getting his water intake, but I can't be sure xD

This is going to sound incredibly stupid (in the case that I've dreamt this up, which is not unlikely) but aren't there water tablets?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-27-2010, 05:34 PM

I don't know; I never heard of them. XD

I drink loads of squash, some fizzy drinks and coffee, too. I'm sure I'm getting enough water if those all count.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-28-2010, 07:20 AM

I find that sitting a certain way can also set them off. I stopped sitting crosslegged all the time (though I still occasionally do, just certainly not as often) and they pretty much stopped.

Miranda, over here they sell these Crystal Light flavor things for water; do you have those? They come in a wide variety of flavors.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Don't think so. What are they, pills or drink things? We've got stuff like Juicy water but nothing to put in drinks apart from squash.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-29-2010, 06:02 AM

They're powdered and they come in little tubey packets. They don't make the water taste chalky either. ^_^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM

Sounds a bit weird to me. XD

I don't just get them when sitting either; sometimes I wake up with one, which sucks. -.- I move around a lot when I sleep so I don't know how I get those ones. O.o

(#10 (permalink))
Old
sentimental7 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 04-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Ugh.. I get this too, all of the time. =/ I mainly get it in the calves of my legs, my feet, and also in my hands. For me, the feeling is a total stiffness and locking-up of the muscles/whatever.. and then pain.. and then it goes numb and I can't move it without more pain.. so I usually have to massage the area for a while and then it'll finally go back to normal.. I really hate it, though.

Anyway, I, too, have heard that it is a potassium problem. Perhaps taking daily vitamins that contain potassium and other things could help? =) I have low iron too, so for me, that would be my own best-bet.. haha