Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default Bump inside neck - 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM

When I was taking a shower one night, I noticed a bump inside my neck. The bump is mabye a few inches from my ear and is located on the side of my neck. At first I thought it was a mosquito bite, but its not itchy or red at all. My mom thought mabye it was a swollen gland, but it dosen't hurt at all; its mainly bugging me and I want to know what it is. Any thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-16-2009, 05:23 PM

Maybe give it a day or two to see if it gets larger or smaller? It could be a bug bite, but on the other hand it could be a pimple or even an allergic reaction. Are you using anything new on your hair or neck region? A new shampoo or perfume?

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Nothing really, actually. I have been using my mothers fancy shampoo, but I've been using that for a few weeks and this is the only time I've noticed it, so unfortunatley I can't tell you how long its been their.

Last edited by Catlover642 : 11-16-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: When I said perfume, I meant shampoo. xD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-16-2009, 05:52 PM

Well, if its large, its possible its been there for a bit and was simply too small before for you to notice. I've had bumps form behind my ears that I didn't notice until they were unusually large and painful. Have you been dabbing the perfume there? Either way, it might be best to stop using it to see if the bump goes down and, if it seems to, later on switch to a perfume with natural ingredients. Its even possible that you increased the amount you are using, which is why the reaction got worse.

That's just my guess though. I'm no doctor and it could be many things, even simply a pimple on your neck(they sometimes don't hurt at first, but from your description it sounds a bit too large for that). If it doesn't go down, you should go to the doctor.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Gah, I actually meant shampoo instead of perfume. xD

I'll ask my mom to take me to the doctor, probably my dermatologist since I think its something with skin.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-16-2009, 05:58 PM

xD Well, that makes a slight difference.

That would be best. Your dermatologist will be able to tell you what it is and would be able to give you meds if it is allergy related.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 11-16-2009, 11:11 PM

Maybe it could be a swollen salivary gland perhaps? The parotid gland is located close to your ears just below it. I would contact your physician to get it checked out as it could be a maltitude of different things. I had a swollen parotid gland once before and I had a tendency to salivate more frequently than normal.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 05:58 PM

Does the bump kind of move in place a little? Because I have that too.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 06:14 PM

I sometimes feel weird bumps in the neck too; I've had one on the right side for ages (Apparently since I was very young, according to the mother) and it never gives me any hassle. I'm more worried about the state of my neck bones anyway; they keep making weird crunching sounds and I've twisted them and squeezed them enough o_O

But enough about me. Go see a doctor.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Yes, Sarah, it does infact move in place. Its seemed to gotten smaller, though.