Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Ingrown Toenails - 11-13-2009, 10:54 PM

Okay, I need a little help.

How do you get rid of an ingrown toenail?
I got one yesterday-and it hurts if a tap it.
Any remedies?

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SillyRainbowKid (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Wait.
What do ingrown toenails look like.
Gimme a random pic of one plz'z.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-14-2009, 06:50 AM

Rainbow, there is such a thing as google. Use it. Or wikipedia.

The only thing you can do is go to a podiatrist for it. Or you can do what a friend of mine did and cut it on your own until it stops being ingrown, but that is EXTREMELY painful, and the only reason he did that was because he hated it when they stuck needles under his nails.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM

You should go to a doctor for it, that is what I am going to say first and the advice that should be followed. Below is simply what I do because I get them too often for it to be worth it to go to the doctor.

What I always do is drain it and keep it clean and from my understanding, that is basically all the doctor will do. It hurts a lot though, especially since I usually cut off the more dead skin then use a needle to drain the actual part where the nail went in. I also cut away the nail, though this can result in it happening all over again once it grows back. Cleaning is important though since generally the pain means its infected.

Actually, one of my fingernails did this to me about a week or so ago and I still am having problems, though I think its finally improving since I finally got all of the pus out.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-15-2009, 08:22 PM

Prevention is better than cure tho. The best tip for preventing ingrown toenails is: trim your nails straight across the top; NOT in a rounded shape. In addition, avoid wearing shoes or socks that squeeze your toes together. You can always use an emery board to smooth off the edges, but make sure that you don't cut your toenails too short, and try to go barefoot occasionally to allow your feet to breathe.