Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Scabies - 07-27-2009, 11:57 AM

I woke up this morning with small bumps all around my body. There are seven, from when I last counted, and I freaked out. I thought I had caught a case of body lice, so I googled it and on the health forum I had landed on they said it could easily be misdiagnosed, because Scabies bites and lice bites are almost identical. I checked out Scabies, and it seems to be what I have. There doesn't seem to be anymore bumps, which almost resemble pimples. But I've never had a pimple in my life, and they were in places other than my face, where I had no bites. Do you think this is Scabies? I thought about bed bugs, but I checked my sheets, pillows, etc. and found no adults. I checked the seems of my clothes for nits and found none. I'm going to go see my doctor is this continues, but I'm just puzzled how I caught it in the first place. I just want to know if anyone here has had Scabies, knows if this sounds like mites and knows an efficient treatment.

EDIT: I just washed my hands, and my right hand, around my knuckles, surged with heat and a rash emerged. Same on my left, and them two more bites showed. The rashes left quickly, but the bites are still there. Now I have nine bites.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.

Last edited by booni_monkey : 07-27-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM

I think you should go to your doctor. Internet diagonses aren't very accurate much of the time, and considering that you broke out into a rash when you washed your hands, you definitely need to go to your doctor and verify what's going on.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM

I plan to do that exactly. But I have only had one more bite, and that is on my back, so I suppose I'll wait until something happens. I'm just worried I'm getting anxious and blowing things out of proportions, but maybe my doctor will be able to straighten things out for me.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.