Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
girly20

Default Puberty - 07-23-2009, 02:52 AM

Hey is anyone worried about going through it

cause i am

my mum hasnt got me a bra yet but i am only 13
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-23-2009, 07:10 AM

It's normal to be worried about puberty, but honestly it's nothing to really worry about. As for a bra, you should talk to your mother about getting a training one.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hayneschic

Question Am I alone here? - 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Kay, so am i like the only person that started puberty really young? I remeber getting my first bra and my period while my friends were still playing with barbies, and now physically and mentally I'm years ahead of them in maturaty. Am I alone here?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Well, be specific; how old were you? I got a training bra when I was eight, but didn't wear it for several years because I didn't need it.

As for mentally mature, that depends on you and you alone. You may think you're mentally mature now, but you're only 14; nobody is completely mature until they hit at least sixteen or seventeen.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Some people mature earlier than others. For instance one of my friends started her periods when she was nine. I have a bra and I'm 11 nearly twelve.
You shouldn't worry about it you should stand proud. (That sounded cheesy didn't it. XD)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Red face 10-06-2009, 03:06 PM

No.I started when I was 10.And Wolf is right:You're usually mature when you hit the teen years which would be 16 or 17.But,not all teens are mature(especially guys)that I've noticed. And besides,when I started after a while,I got used to it happening so I though t I was mature,but it turns out I'm not,and I know I can seems like it at some times,but I'm not
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Well, be specific; how old were you? I got a training bra when I was eight, but didn't wear it for several years because I didn't need it.

As for mentally mature, that depends on you and you alone. You may think you're mentally mature now, but you're only 14; nobody is completely mature until they hit at least sixteen or seventeen.
Same here, I got a training bra at 8, but I only used it if my shirt was kinda see-through. 0.o
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Um. - 11-20-2009, 03:10 AM

I just want to make it clear that 'puberty' doesn't make you better or smarter or more mature. You may have a mature body but might not be as mature intellectually. It works vice-versa for me because I pwn
(#9 (permalink))
Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default 12-05-2009, 07:52 PM

I needed a bra when I was young but I was ashamed of developing so early so hid underneath loose clothes. I was terrified about puberty and getting my period. Of course it happened and it was awful, I had really heavy periods and ended up missing schools sometimes. I eventually got lighter periods due to a medication that I took (a side effect that was much appreciated!).

Personally I was terrifed but you really shouldn't. I have issues, have a fear growing up and such. If you have that fear you should talk to someone about it, like a counselor, they can help you get through it and deal with it. There's no reason to be afraid! I wish someone told me this when I was younger.

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-06-2009, 08:36 PM

I wasn't scared about puberty. I actually wanted to be bustier, more teenagerish when I was smaller; I got my first bra when I was 8. It wasn't a training bra, it was a real bra although it wasn't a big one or anything. Not once did I freak out. =_=; And most of the time, you might act a little more immature during your puberty period as I've experienced; not until afterwards do you start to collect yourself once again.

It's nothing to be scared of. o.o;