Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Puberty (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/21462-puberty.html)

girly20 07-23-2009 02:52 AM

Puberty

Hey is anyone worried about going through it

cause i am

my mum hasnt got me a bra yet but i am only 13

Silent_Wolf 07-23-2009 07:10 AM

It's normal to be worried about puberty, but honestly it's nothing to really worry about. As for a bra, you should talk to your mother about getting a training one.

hayneschic 09-07-2009 12:21 PM

Am I alone here?

Kay, so am i like the only person that started puberty really young? I remeber getting my first bra and my period while my friends were still playing with barbies, and now physically and mentally I'm years ahead of them in maturaty. Am I alone here?

Silent_Wolf 09-07-2009 01:19 PM

Well, be specific; how old were you? I got a training bra when I was eight, but didn't wear it for several years because I didn't need it.

As for mentally mature, that depends on you and you alone. You may think you're mentally mature now, but you're only 14; nobody is completely mature until they hit at least sixteen or seventeen.

Heva_Banana_Mad 09-07-2009 03:00 PM

Some people mature earlier than others. For instance one of my friends started her periods when she was nine. I have a bra and I'm 11 nearly twelve.
You shouldn't worry about it you should stand proud. (That sounded cheesy didn't it. XD)

xXGrimReaperXx 10-06-2009 03:06 PM

No.I started when I was 10.And Wolf is right:You're usually mature when you hit the teen years which would be 16 or 17.But,not all teens are mature(especially guys)that I've noticed.;) And besides,when I started after a while,I got used to it happening so I though t I was mature,but it turns out I'm not,and I know I can seems like it at some times,but I'm not :-|

Moon_Crescent 10-16-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf (Post 865654)
Well, be specific; how old were you? I got a training bra when I was eight, but didn't wear it for several years because I didn't need it.

As for mentally mature, that depends on you and you alone. You may think you're mentally mature now, but you're only 14; nobody is completely mature until they hit at least sixteen or seventeen.

Same here, I got a training bra at 8, but I only used it if my shirt was kinda see-through. 0.o

jellydino 11-20-2009 03:10 AM

Um.

I just want to make it clear that 'puberty' doesn't make you better or smarter or more mature. You may have a mature body but might not be as mature intellectually. It works vice-versa for me because I pwn 8-)

sarika2004 12-05-2009 07:52 PM

I needed a bra when I was young but I was ashamed of developing so early so hid underneath loose clothes. I was terrified about puberty and getting my period. Of course it happened and it was awful, I had really heavy periods and ended up missing schools sometimes. I eventually got lighter periods due to a medication that I took (a side effect that was much appreciated!).

Personally I was terrifed but you really shouldn't. I have issues, have a fear growing up and such. If you have that fear you should talk to someone about it, like a counselor, they can help you get through it and deal with it. There's no reason to be afraid! I wish someone told me this when I was younger.

noirmali 12-06-2009 08:36 PM

I wasn't scared about puberty. I actually wanted to be bustier, more teenagerish when I was smaller; I got my first bra when I was 8. It wasn't a training bra, it was a real bra although it wasn't a big one or anything. Not once did I freak out. =_=; And most of the time, you might act a little more immature during your puberty period as I've experienced; not until afterwards do you start to collect yourself once again.

It's nothing to be scared of. o.o;