Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-14-2010, 12:23 PM

We have quite the collection of little masochists here, don't we?

Srsly tho; some people who are very happy do self harm just because they actually enjoy pain. Which is creepy, imho. 0_o;

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM

well after reading all these... i myaswell say something.
I have never actually hurt myself on purpose, but i do think about it often,
sometimes i get so close to cutting myself.. its scary. I even though about suicide before..
When i thought about cutting myself, id think but what will this do for me in general.. like this not going to make my problems dissappear. And after what i went through with my sister i think,that could be me,My sister used to cut herself.. it got to the point where she just took a razor,(for shaving legs) and just slashed her arms.. it was scary she ended up in the hospital.. but im thankful shes still here.
I thought about suicide while sitting in my room one day and thought,would it hurt to just jump out my window.. id get this feeling in the pit of my stomach,i was afraid to be alone after that.. so whenever im all alone in my room and i think about any of those things,i just tell myself to go downstairs and join my family.. so i dont think about it.
I still do think about it, but i know its wrong and i dont need that extra problem on my back.. its a hard thing to get out of your mind. especially if youve been bullied or feel like noones there for you, but just find some friends. thatll help alot.

Yoh
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM

Actually, it's a bit condenscending to just say, "find some friends" as if that will magically solve all your problems. I had plenty of friends at college, but still self harmed. It was only when I was at school that I only had two friends.

I don't wish to sound nasty, but you can't fully understand the mechanics behind self harm unless you've experienced it yourself. I'd never pretend to understand anorexia cuz I haven't suffered it. Thinking about doing it isn't the same as doing it yourself.

I've cut myself, knowing that it's wrong and would upset my parents (after I'd told them about it) but been unable to stop myself from doing it. Even now, it's still a struggle sometimes not to cut when I feel upset or angry. I'll probably have that compulsion all my life; it'll never go away completely.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 05-17-2010, 05:27 PM

i didnt really mean it like that, and i know it isnt like actually doing it, i just had the need to say that i think about it alot, i guess im stupid for posting in this thread.. -.- , i know i dont fully understand it. but i do understand it in ways,and thats good enough. in my opinion.. i guess. im a dumbAssss.

Yoh
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-17-2010, 05:30 PM

That's alright; just that it came out wrong. Don't worry.