Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Drugs - 06-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Restarting the thread since the old one needs to be split.

Feel free to discuss drug usage and drugs in general, as well as ways to stay clean, the pros and cons of marijuana usage, and issues with friends who use drugs.

We forbid encouraging taking illegal substances. Anyone who encourages the usage of hard drugs or unsafe practices will be banned.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-30-2009, 06:18 PM

There's one thing I know without any doubt about drugs; and that's that I'm never going near them. End. =/

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Good plan Aaron. Good plan.

In my town, the drug problems are huge. At least over half the school has done drugs, or does them. It's horrible. I hear of kids in grade 6 and 7 doing drugs. It makes me sick. I for one, like Aaron, am never going near the stuff.
Never have, never will.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM

See, I have never tried drugs of any kind and never plan on it but I think I have a slight nicotine(sp?) addiction because my sister, grandparents, one uncle, and my sister's future mother in law smokes around me and when I get really stressed my first thought is a cig. Thankfully I have never given into it but yeah. Plus, this could be just a thing I thought of myself and really isn't true. xD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM

My school is terrible for drugs. My whole city is, actually. We were voted Canada's smartest city once, and the happiest, but we're definitely not a "pretty" city. My city is located in a larger "Region" of cities, and my particular part is the ugliest. There's graffiti everywhere, and at least 4/5 of the kids at my school do - or have done - drugs of all kinds. It's not very likely that you grow up in this city completely clean. Drugs, partying, underage drinking, and promiscuous sex, all run rampant in this city. o_o

Everyone in my closest group of friends has done some type of drug (yes, including me). It's actually kind of scary to think about. It's a very high percentage in my whole city, from what I know about other schools as well. Apparently ours isn't even the worst, some Catholic school is. o_O
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-01-2009, 07:41 AM

A lot of people think this Christian private school in my town is the cleanest school in the state. Lemme check this off here:

Random locker checks:
My school: One or two people get caught with drugs - and that's over a five year period. You're more likely to find them in somebody's car during a random parking lot check and this year, somebody almost got in trouble because their brother was smoking we'ed in in it and the dogs started freaking out.
Private school: Eight people were caught in one semester alone.

Dress codes:
My school: Yes, we've got stupid rules, but they're rarely broken.
Private school: Uniforms. But it might as well not count as I've seen some girls from there hiking their skirts up to their hips and nobody as far as I can tell has ever said a word.

Phones:
My school: We're trying to push a petition to be allowed to use cell phones and game systems at lunch, as it is not an actual class. I mean, another school in our area does this - and without permission from the school board!
Private school: Don't know, don't care. But I keep hearing they have a major 'sexting' problem.

But yes, in comparison my school's probably one of the cleaner ones in the area. Never done drugs; unless the internet counts, anyway.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-01-2009, 10:09 AM

I totally agree. When I watch CNN and they'll maybe talk about some party rampage that happened over night, and when they give more detail, they say (usually): "A group of kids, who go to a private school in the city, '...' " I'm not trying to offend anyone to goes/has gone to private school, but the whole skirts thing is true. I saw a girl walking with her friends, and her uniform skirt was sooo short that when she walked - you could see her pink underwear. Whereas in my high school - sure there are some short shorts but you can't see their underwear. There are drugs at my school, but its very hard to get a hold of them. The tolerance level is low, and I go to a pretty good public school, so if you're caught they show you no mercy whatsoever. I've never touched drugs because if you get addicted - why ***** up your life?

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default Teenagers and drugs - Ugh, it's disgusting! - 11-30-2010, 12:19 AM

Young teenagers are so stupid these days.
All they want is to look skanky and try to be 'cool'.

All my friends have tried drugs, smoking and binge drinking.
One of my close friends, is the 'dealer' at my school, (she's only 14!), she is also a frequent smoker and binge drinker. Its digusting!

The rest do Marijuana and drink, the other day another 14yr old friend of mine almost killed herself from drinking too much vodka!

Out of all my friends (except the boys, they're actually sensible), I'm the only girl who hasnt tried smoking, drugs or drinking - probably because I'm 13.

Where have their brains gone? Did they have any to begin with?
The other day I wrote this statement "how are they the rebels when all of them are doing the same thing? Its almost the norm to be reckless, and 'uncool' to use your brain..."

Sometimes I think I'm the only sane one left. Your thoughts?

blue_tornado ♥