Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Yeah, and saying that is reallly going to put people off. That was sarcasm, by the way. Fact is, telling kids horror stories and trying to make it sound ten times worse, just will make them want to try we'ed just to see what all the fuss is about.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM

I would like to share an amusing anecdote. This is not to condone the use of drugs; it is more to demonstrate how people might react if they discover you like to smoke the ha'sh once in awhile in your car. On the job. While you're a pizza deliverer.

Last night, I was at my grandmother's. My aunt still lives there, and I usually go and visit. She ordered pizza, and when it rolled around the guy came down with the pizza boxes. He noticed that the receipt also included drinks, which he'd accidentally left in the car. He ran up and came back with said bag, and we paid him and he left. My aunt and I go inside, and she opens the bag. All of a sudden, she just kind of... pauses, and is staring at the bag. I ask her what's wrong; she tells me to sniff the bag. So I do; there's a bit of a weird smell on it, what I assumed was perhaps burnt pizza, which I've never smelled myself.

Nope. It was we'ed. There wasn't any in the bag, but we stared at each other anyway and started laughing.

So, word to the wise - if you're smoking on the job, and somebody finds out, I think the worst torture would be wondering if they laughed when they found out.

The guy was pretty nice though. So I have to pity him, a little, that we laughed.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 06-09-2010, 05:00 PM

I actually like the way we.ed smells.

If you guys ever get the chance to go to Memphis in May, all you will smell is we.ed and beer. Lmao. You can see the smoke drifting up through the crowds. Everyone passes a blunt around.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
sentimental7 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM

I have to agree, Miranda.. sort of like how people say that kids always do the opposite of what you tell them? Some people just think that exaggerating things will freak the children out more, but as you said, sometimes it'll make them just want to try it even more than they already did.. Lots of teens seem to enjoy doing dangerous things.. ^^;

For me, I have never done drugs and I do not plan on doing so. I have heard stories about drugs, but the people who told me were honest. The people that tell me their experiences are my older sister (her friends as well) and even my own mother, uncles, and aunts. My mother has told me stories of herself smoking pot, and things that were laced with angel dust, etc.. She even told me this story about how she and her friends got lost in a closet and could not get out due to a hallucinogen... o___o And of course, the lovely story of how my grandmother found pot in my mother's room and made her roll it up in front of her.. XD

My sister has a bad story, but it was true. She smoked pot that was laced with something at a concert, and had a seizure... that is what made her stop. She has also tried ecstasy and has told me exactly how it made her feel and that it was honestly enjoyable at times, but that sometimes it made her feel too paranoid.

I prefer honesty, it helps me make up my mind better than if I were fed lies. ;O I also think that it is a person's sole choice if they want to do drugs or not, nothing you do can make them change their mind if it is already set. You should just worry more about yourself in the end.. ^^;

@Wolfie: That is an interesting story.. it made me laugh too whilst reading it. XD I think it does go to show though that just because someone smokes a little we'ed, it does not make them a bad person. (seeing as you commented that the guy was nice at least) Above all, I, too, do not condone the use of drugs though.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-09-2010, 05:10 PM

I once had a guy pay for his drinks with a rolled up twenty, that had traces of white powder on it. I just looked him in the eye and said, "Did we have fun last night?" He went bright red, snatched his change and drinks and fled to the back of the bar.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default Teenagers and drugs - Ugh, it's disgusting! - 11-29-2010, 11:19 PM

Young teenagers are so stupid these days.
All they want is to look skanky and try to be 'cool'.

All my friends have tried drugs, smoking and binge drinking.
One of my close friends, is the 'dealer' at my school, (she's only 14!), she is also a frequent smoker and binge drinker. Its digusting!

The rest do Marijuana and drink, the other day another 14yr old friend of mine almost killed herself from drinking too much vodka!

Out of all my friends (except the boys, they're actually sensible), I'm the only girl who hasnt tried smoking, drugs or drinking - probably because I'm 13.

Where have their brains gone? Did they have any to begin with?
The other day I wrote this statement "how are they the rebels when all of them are doing the same thing? Its almost the norm to be reckless, and 'uncool' to use your brain..."

Sometimes I think I'm the only sane one left. Your thoughts?

blue_tornado ♥