Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM

I just watched CNN, and apparently we are now in panic mode due to 257 cases. 0_0

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-30-2009, 07:10 PM

I'm frightened myself because in Mayor Bloomberg's(NYC, for those who don't know) press conference today, he outright said that they aren't testing the kids from the mainly infected school because they are certain they are infected. In fact, it was stated that there are hundreds of kids and they "don't want to waste the resources". My belief is they won't because they don't want to deter tourists. Last thing I knew, the numbers were at 49 for the city and nothing gets added unless they test for it(so this certainty doesn't count for much since they appear to be avoiding trying to get it officially recognized). If this is the truth though, the numbers in NYC would be brought up significantly.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Default 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM

Ouch! Are people tourist-ing in big cities during epidemics? I sure wouldn't...

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Some things never stop tourists, especially here. You'd think they wouldn't come since the US outbreak is really concentrated here, but they still do.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#45 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Default 04-30-2009, 08:47 PM

Never been to New York, but Chicago is having an attack as well. I haven't been downtown in ages, and don't plan too unless I'm sure it's safe.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 04-30-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
That's just peachy, now there's a nationwide health emergency because of this stupid disease. Ugh. I'm never going to Mexico. And I'm laying off pork products until this gets solved. -.-;
You can still eat pork products, I read today in an article.

This is scary.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 05-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Its getting bad. And with this flu, I'm getting worried.
I have relatives in Mexico. And Mexico needs to start worring about this, its gonna be hard seeing how they have shootings there.

Lock On
Henshin
Hai! Budou Arms!
Ryu, Hou, Ha-Ha-Ha!
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-01-2009, 07:30 AM

^They're shutting down public places now to try and prevent a further spread of the virus.

So they're trying to say tourism is still safe. Sorry but I am still not going anywhere for a tourist attraction. O_o There was a testing done on a person here in the Ohio Valley and I'm not sure if it came out positive or not, the news channel we stick to (which thankfully is very local and not known to exaggerate) said that the test was being re-tested by the state to double check it. That's really reassuring. O_o

Kitty: No offense, but your mayor sounds a little nuts. O_o They should be testing those kids, saying they ARE infected when they're probably not is ridiculous and could cause the virus to develop a resistance to the flu medicines!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Some kid at my school had/has it in the grade below me. o.O
He was only off for a day or two and then CAME BACK to school, which I don't think he should've been allowed to do. I hope no one else gets it, including me, since we use their room for math.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-01-2009, 02:15 PM

It's the same as regular flu as regards the people getting really sick or at risk of dying; the very young, the very old and people with HIV or other immune problems. Honestly, there's just incredible hysteria about this, mostly whipped up by the media, and comparison to the plague outbreaks of the middle ages. I'm sorry, but that is rubbish. You can't compare millions of deaths with just 170.

On a lighter note, a mate of mine is referring to swine flu and all the hysteria as the Aporkalypse. I loled. XD