Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM

We were talking about this in Social Studies today for some reason, and this girl was like, "Do you think that like in 500 years or something,students will look in a text book or something, and are able to read about the swine flu?"

That would suck if that were to happen, but I don't think that will happen...I mean...it's not like something like the...Black Death or whatever. People just need to stop traveling country to country,or at least to the ones that have found cases. There has only been one death, (I think) in the US, and it's not like 20,000 people have died in Mexico...just saying.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 06:06 PM

That's silly. Of course it wouldn't be in textbooks, its not like its AIDS and a cure will be created quickly enough. The mere thought of the comparison to major pandemics, which resulted in very high death tolls, is ridiculous. This is exactly what I am talking about when I say we need to avoid panicing, which is exactly what spurred that comment.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 06:15 PM

It'll probably be briefly outlined in a medical textbook under types of flu, but that's the extent of it, most likely. Let's face it, all types of influenza can be deadly if left untreated.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#34 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 04-29-2009, 07:55 PM

My teacher recently went to Meico the past weekend, and came back today, and people were freaking out, because she had just been at a funeral for someone who had died of the Swine flu. >.<

baby, you got me. ♥
(#35 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 08:02 PM

Jeeze. ^^ Out of two people in the U.S?

One school in Chicago has been closed due to Swine Flu, so I dunno. I live in the suburbs, and there have been no reported cases out here in the wild west. xD

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
tinkerbell9234 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-29-2009, 09:34 PM

my friend has it. is there a cure

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM

There is no vaccines, but don't they have a medicine? I thought I heard that on CNN. :/

Anyways, Swine Flu is just the same as regular flu. The media has influenced it and know people are having a heart attack over it.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 04-29-2009, 10:18 PM

From what I heard, it seemed most of the people that died form it died because they couldn't get proper health care..

baby, you got me. ♥
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM

No, there is not a cure. She was given tamiflu or renalza(sp?), which lessens the symptoms, not cures it. The cure is in process, but it takes months.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM

There is a toddler under quarantine in my town with Swine Flu, it is confirmed. And the schools are under lookout for it now. I am not that scared, but what concerns me, is our hospital does illegal hours, due to shortness of staff, so it isn't the best of places to be when you are sick, and we are so secluded here, it's crazy. I hope the flu doesn't spread around more.