Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-26-2009, 11:54 PM

You misunderstood what they were saying. They stated that genetic segments from the three were there, not that it was three types of flu combined. Kindly don't try to panic people by making it seem worse, similar viruses have been seen in the past with that combination and you only frighten people by suggesting that this could be a "manmade" combination with human and avian flus.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 06:30 AM

Virgogirl, HUMANS CAN GET AVIAN AND SWINE FLUS. Those animals CAN GET HUMAN FLUS. It's not that hard to understand. If you can't post in this thread without causing a fuss, stop posting in it. Period.

--

That's just peachy, now there's a nationwide health emergency because of this stupid disease. Ugh. I'm never going to Mexico. And I'm laying off pork products until this gets solved. -.-;

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 04-27-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM

I never eat pork products. I'm a vegetarian and my religion forbids me. xD

My mother read a book on the Spanish Influenza, and they said that illnesses and diseases come thru gently in Spring, and then will sweep thru violently again in the next winter.

I have no link to back it up aside the book, sorry. But anyway, I was watching the news and they said some kids in NYC caught it during Spring Break in Mexico and went back to the city, totally changing the direction of the sickness. I just hope it stays away from Chicago, because there are about 5 million peoples....

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 03:32 PM

In any case, I heard on the radio that pork products are fine to eat as long as they're cooked all the way thru and people just keep to basic hygiene; ie, washing hands and utensils.

In any case, there's no need to have panic stations; the media tends to whip everyone into hysteria by exaggerating everything. They did the same with samonella, mad cow disease, bird flu; pretty much everything, acting as tho the disease was on a par with bubonic plague. -.-

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 05:28 PM

What you need to know about swine flu

Just wanted to share this with you all in case you had more questions. Most things are touched upon in this; it looks like it was mainly allocated to Mexico and a number of initial suspected swine flu cases there were not it at all, just something else.

Also, I'd like to repeat what the article on Wiki said despite the fact it can be edited: There ARE pieces of the many flu viruses that can copy themselves into new versions and sometimes they mix with other types of the flu, which is why it's so hard to treat to begin with and why there's a new flu almost every year. Why do you think they recommend getting a flu shot every winter?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#16 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM

there has been one case of it in Ohio...which sucks because i live there...but no one near my town are the people who got it.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#17 (permalink))
Old
LILreBeL08 (Offline)
Shuni

Send a message via MSN to LILreBeL08
Default 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Swine flu spreads to Asia, Middle East - Swine flu- msnbc.com
Oh gosh. I feel bad for the people in that part of Asia.

Don't be a hater....
Be a hatter
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdolphin6 View Post
there has been one case of it in Ohio...which sucks because i live there...but no one near my town are the people who got it.
Imagine how I feel--I live in NYC and the first few US cases I heard of were located there. Not only that, but I use public transit and live in a building filled with college kids who just came back from spring break a little over a week ago, some from Mexico. Its terrifying trying to avoid getting it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#19 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM

we have a total of two people so far with swine flu in west Germany Berlin, One more is suspected to have it as well. There has been no cases in my city yet...

(#20 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Default 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM

I haven't actually known anyone yet with it, but one of our teachers told us his daughter, Hollis, was sick with a serious illness. She lives in Indiana, so I don't know if there have been cases in that state. We think he means she has Swine Flu, but I have no evidence.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.