Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Scoliosis - 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM

I have been to the doctor's today, and then gave me X-Rays cuz I may or may not have Scoliosis. I'm kinda nervous.

Has anyone on here ever suffered from it? I just want to know, because they may give me surgery if I do have it. Just want to hear.

EDIT: I only have it a tad bit, tho. It's in my lower back. My spine doesn't curve too deep to the side.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.

Last edited by booni_monkey : 04-23-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 04-23-2009, 07:47 PM

My mother has it. I will have to ask her about it though, as I don't know a whole lot about it. She has a really bad curvature of her spine, it's like an S in the lower part.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-23-2009, 08:32 PM

I have it. Mine isn't too bad, only a slight curve. I suffer from back pain from time to time, but its not that big of a deal.

I did have a friend though who had it so bad that she had to wear a back brace. She doesn't anymore, but at one point in time they were thinking about having her wear it during the daytime too instead of just as night.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Default 04-24-2009, 10:42 AM

Could it be hereditary? My mother was born with her hip out of the socket, so for a year they had to tie her up to move her hip into it's place. It worked, but it also resulted in Scoliosis. I suppose I couldn't have gotten it from her because it was partially the doctor's fault. I find out today... if it's over 20% I get surgery.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-24-2009, 05:28 PM

I don't think I have it. However, I know a girl who has it really bad but refused to do anything about it. :\ So if it is over a certain percentage, try to do something about it so you don't get hurt.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 04-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Dunno if I have it, but they had nurses testing fifth graders.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-25-2009, 08:06 PM

my mom had that when she was younger, she had to wear a back brace, but not anymore. i dont think i have it.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Gnarled (Offline)
Shuni

Default 04-25-2009, 10:35 PM

I know a really nice guy who works at this music shop I'm often in. He's got a pretty large S curve in his spine. And it's strange because he's really tall with it and he'd probably be about 7 foot without. I think he may be on painkillers most of the time... he's bizarrely happy for the condition. I don't know about braces and such on his back, nor do I know about surgeries. And he's an older guy, so it's likely that he's lived with it quite a while.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Scoliosis to be sure if what I'm saying makes any sense. XDD
(#9 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Default 04-28-2009, 10:07 PM

Well, I have an 18%, so I'm going to the doc. I just got thru a bit of a fit cuz I'm nervous, but what can I say? I can walk perfectly and I look fine, so....

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
BitterSkittles

Default 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM

I have it in my upper back, closer to my neck. It curves a little to the right. And it's extremely minor, not bad at all. If it gets any worse within a couple years there's a slight chance that I might have to get a brace =[