Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Scoliosis (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/21107-scoliosis.html)

booni_monkey 04-23-2009 06:18 PM

Scoliosis

I have been to the doctor's today, and then gave me X-Rays cuz I may or may not have Scoliosis. I'm kinda nervous.

Has anyone on here ever suffered from it? I just want to know, because they may give me surgery if I do have it. Just want to hear.

EDIT: I only have it a tad bit, tho. It's in my lower back. My spine doesn't curve too deep to the side.

Aihana_ 04-23-2009 06:47 PM

My mother has it. I will have to ask her about it though, as I don't know a whole lot about it. She has a really bad curvature of her spine, it's like an S in the lower part.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 04-23-2009 07:32 PM

I have it. Mine isn't too bad, only a slight curve. I suffer from back pain from time to time, but its not that big of a deal.

I did have a friend though who had it so bad that she had to wear a back brace. She doesn't anymore, but at one point in time they were thinking about having her wear it during the daytime too instead of just as night.

booni_monkey 04-24-2009 09:42 AM

Could it be hereditary? My mother was born with her hip out of the socket, so for a year they had to tie her up to move her hip into it's place. It worked, but it also resulted in Scoliosis. I suppose I couldn't have gotten it from her because it was partially the doctor's fault. I find out today... if it's over 20% I get surgery.

Silent_Wolf 04-24-2009 04:28 PM

I don't think I have it. However, I know a girl who has it really bad but refused to do anything about it. :\ So if it is over a certain percentage, try to do something about it so you don't get hurt.

Catlover642 04-25-2009 04:40 PM

Dunno if I have it, but they had nurses testing fifth graders.

iluvdolphin6 04-25-2009 07:06 PM

my mom had that when she was younger, she had to wear a back brace, but not anymore. i dont think i have it.

Gnarled 04-25-2009 09:35 PM

I know a really nice guy who works at this music shop I'm often in. He's got a pretty large S curve in his spine. And it's strange because he's really tall with it and he'd probably be about 7 foot without. I think he may be on painkillers most of the time... he's bizarrely happy for the condition. I don't know about braces and such on his back, nor do I know about surgeries. And he's an older guy, so it's likely that he's lived with it quite a while.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Scoliosis to be sure if what I'm saying makes any sense. XDD

booni_monkey 04-28-2009 09:07 PM

Well, I have an 18%, so I'm going to the doc. I just got thru a bit of a fit cuz I'm nervous, but what can I say? I can walk perfectly and I look fine, so....

BitterSkittles 06-07-2009 03:05 PM

I have it in my upper back, closer to my neck. It curves a little to the right. And it's extremely minor, not bad at all. If it gets any worse within a couple years there's a slight chance that I might have to get a brace =[