Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Raineyes538

Default 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM

I dunno if I do or don't but my mom said I'm doing the opposite of arching my back....my spine is going inward,though I don't have any pain *shrugs* I don't know
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-10-2009, 01:46 PM

What causes this 'Scoliosis'? I know what it is, but how does it happen, I wonder?

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM

"It is typically classified as congenital (caused by vertebral anomalies present at birth), idiopathic (sub-classified as infantile, juvenile, adolescent, or adult according to when onset occurred) or as having developed as a secondary symptom of another condition, such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy or due to physical trauma."

Go Wiki. <3

But it can also happen to some women as a result of having a chest size that's way out of proportion to their body. For example, this girl I used to know; she was... ahem, "heavily gifted" by Mother Nature, and she was screaming to the world that she had an 80 degree curvature in her spine because of it. She claimed it was her chest that caused it; she was pretty short, not petite but she didn't have the body to handle it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#14 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 06-10-2009, 03:02 PM

So the ladies with big *Ahem* get this? Mother nature is so cruel.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM

It might not necessarily be a cause (unless you're a 4 foot 8 inch tall person with DDDs), but it can sure cause back pain.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#16 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM

Yep, well, I have it. And I may need a brace as well. But I guarantee it's not because of the reason stated.... xD.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SunnySunshine (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-04-2009, 03:08 AM

i thought there already was a thread for scoliosis....interesting
But I might be wrong.

I had scoliosis for 2 years, and I just had scoliosis surgery about four months ago. I had three curves, and the highest was around 70 degrees, a month before my surgery. Now I have 1 curve and it is only 4 degrees!!! I am so happy with the results because typically after a surgery like mine, people are left with 20-30 degree curves. I was oh so lucky.

When i first heard the news that i had scoliosis, i was totally freaked out and my mom wasn't. (but when its came closer to my surgery, she was the one freaked out and not me ) I think i had a 12 degree curve, which btw you really cant notice. As my curveS reaced the 30's and 40's i started getting pain. Before it was just uncomfort. (if you think you are in pain, you might just have severe uncomfort) (but thats just a suggestion) I wore a brace for a couple of months, which did ABSOLUTLY NOTHING for me. It helps some people, but not all. That was the worst part of my expirence, mostly because it didnt help.

So I had my surgery. First month in half/ 2 months were kinda hard. I was more exhausted then in pain. If you ever do have the surgery try to get off the medication as soon as possible. It will seriously help even if you don't think it will at the time. And you will feel more like your self in less time

Well now im doing great. They told me i wouldn't be able to touch my toes, and I do! Soon I will play football jkjkjk
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-08-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post
So the ladies with big *Ahem* get this? Mother nature is so cruel.
I blame my chest for worsening it. Mine started before puberty, but my back aches all of the time because of my chest.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-02-2009, 08:44 PM

I rthink I have it; my spine is curving inward. I blame the idiots at my school bord. Thank God we'll have lockers next year.

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#20 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-29-2010, 07:02 PM

I have Congenital Scoliosis. It's 100 degrees, and surgery IS in the future. I had surgery in 1998, [Harrington Rod Insertion]. I have a small chest cavity so that's why I use a ventilator at night to sleep, so I get more lung growth. But, my lungs ARE growing and I'm super happy. I wore a brace since I was one to twelve but my surgeon didn't see the use of it anymore as it was not doing much for me. My friends are so helpful and help carry my books if its a big load of schoolbooks because I get shoulder pain. I have one leg that is thinner than the over and I get leg pain and shoulder pain. And unfortunately, sometimes rib pain. If I do have surgery, I know you will all support me.