Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Swelled Glands? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/20854-swelled-glands.html)

booni_monkey 02-28-2009 10:24 AM

Swelled Glands?

I was in my eighth period class when I felt my neck and there was a lump. I quietly freaked out and all I could think about was I had Hodgkins, but that night I looked it up on the computer and I have a swelled gland. The previous week, I had been terribly sick after trying to get home from school in the middle of the day (I was less sick before, but the nurse made me walk home) and then a man in a van was following me (literally, i went onto people's porches and he waited outside) so my slight asma kicked in after running all over town. So then I was worse. I asked someone if I could come in, and I kept getting sicker and sicker. When I got home, My whole face and body was on fire, I had pains in my joints, I had a severe sore throat and I was lightheaded. The next day my doctor said I was fine, I just had strepthroat. My mother was on the computer looking up my symptoms, including my newly swelled gland and now we're questioning I have mono. Its been two weeks and my lump/swelled gland hasn't gone away. Do any of you know when it possibly will?

Silent_Wolf 02-28-2009 10:30 AM

Go back to the doctor and ask him to test for other illnesses and to give you medication. He seriously shouldn't be pulling the 'o itz strep' thing, because your symptoms - joint pain, specifically - don't match strep very well.

booni_monkey 02-28-2009 10:35 AM

Exactly. I was just on the phone with him, and he says my lump is nothing to worry about... yet. But a couple years ago he told me I didn't have lice but it turned out I had a case lasting 8 months. I'm questioning, but maybe he's just getting old.

Silent_Wolf 02-28-2009 10:37 AM

It couldn't hurt to get a second opinion; if there's any other doctors in your town/city, go to them and ask.

Miranda_ 02-28-2009 12:01 PM

Have you been innoculated against mumps? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me, and mumps can be dangerous. If you have been, then it's something else but you really ought to get a second opinion.

booni_monkey 02-28-2009 12:53 PM

When I was three I had a severe case of the chicken pox, and afterwards they vaccinated me for chicken pox, and then mumps so I think I'm not prone. My friend's dad is a doctor so I suppose I'll ask him.

LILreBeL08 02-28-2009 01:28 PM

Thats exactly what happened to me when I had mono. I'm not sure but maybe you do have mono.

Silent_Wolf 02-28-2009 03:07 PM

Mumps don't equal measles, and in any case there's no reason for them to have double-vaccinated you after you had chicken pox once already. :|

delly1 03-01-2009 12:40 AM

It could also be swollen salivary glands. That happened to me 7 months ago and I was given penicillin to make the swelling go down. It took almost a month for me. They swell because you either had or have a sore throut and or cold. Also if you were say rough housing and landed weirdly. some how on your neck.

booni_monkey 03-01-2009 08:33 AM

That is the picture I saw on the internet. So apparently it isn't a gland, its a lymph node. But when people talked about swelled lymph nodes on the doctor's forums, the were saying it was soft and movable. Mine is hard and will wiggle only a little.