Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Headache! :( (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/20613-headache.html)

Heva_Banana_Mad 01-25-2009 04:53 AM

Headache! :(

What is the best thing to do for a headache? I normally use a cold flannel.

Silent_Wolf 01-25-2009 07:33 AM

I take a nice, long nap. I tend to get sinus headaches more often than not, and I've found out that sinus medication really doesn't work for my headaches so I just flop over and go to sleep when I get a really nasty one.

One thing I found out is that if you have a mild headache and don't/can't take medication (example, you're at school) you can actually "make it go away" by working on something and not thinking about anything else. I don't know why that works, but because you're not focusing on anything else, it appears to go away.

Rocketship_ 01-25-2009 05:59 PM

Hot showers always soothe a headache. Um, something cold against your head also soothes them. Naps are always good, and pain reliever, of course. ^_^

jordanashley 01-25-2009 08:50 PM

Advil works for me. Or sometimes just laying down and relaxing in a quiet room works well for people. But like some other people said, taking naps works, as well.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 01-25-2009 10:12 PM

Usually I take a nap, but if I can't I take ibuprofen and have some tea. The best thing I've found is to drink a milkshake slowly(I suggest Wendy's or McDonald's, especially chocolate).

Rain538 01-31-2009 05:19 PM

Ahh I just take a long hot bath.
My mom says it releases mucus from your sinuses.
Unfortunately sometimes it give me a runny nose.

booni_monkey 03-01-2009 07:55 PM

Honestly the best thing you can do for a headache is lie down and do something quiet (i.e. reading, sleeping, etc). When I was a pre-teen I would get migraines every time I moved around quick, so coaches and beds were my heroes!

Miranda_ 03-01-2009 07:58 PM

Urgh, I used to get the most terrible migraines ever. I'd be throwing up if I moved, and my head would feel as tho someone was stabbing it in one side. -.- I'd have horrible visual disturbance and it would last three days. Now tho, my migraines tend to last 8 or 9 hours at the most, and taking codine seems to help the symptoms; I don't throw up as much now so it's worth taking pills.

For normal headaches, if possible I lie down in a dark room; if not, like if I'm at work, I take two ibuprofens and drink lots of water.

booni_monkey 03-01-2009 08:12 PM

Ahhh, pain killers are heroes for migraines/headaches

awesomeistic 03-02-2009 07:22 PM

I always thought that something cold against your head made headaches worse? Well, it does for me. I usually distract myself by listening to music or eating. I usually always have a reason for getting one. Like if I go outside when it's hot and I come into a cold room. That gives me the worst headache ever..