Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Health Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/)
-   -   Shaving? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/health-forum/19813-shaving.html)

heart1319 10-18-2008 11:03 AM

Shaving?

Im 11, and my friend is 10 shes shaving already, should I start shaving??? And does it hurt when you cut your self?

Catlover642 10-18-2008 12:11 PM

I shave. My mother does it, and it only hurts if you look down. You might get cut but you might not. Sometimes when I shave it gets rashy. But, only shave if you need to, and you should get your mother to help you.

Aihana_ 10-22-2008 12:32 AM

Obviously whenever you cut yourself it is going to hurt. It isn't excruciating pain though, more like a paper cut. I would get your mother to help you if you do not feel confident enough to do it yourself. I wouldn't recommend waxing at your age though, I have never done it and I am 14. I would stick with the easy stuff first until you get older at least.

spirit_queen 10-22-2008 05:58 AM

The pain depends on the cut; sometimes I don't feel anything, look down, and my knee is bleeding. XD

As for the hair coming back thing, it'd be better to shave once a week; yeah, your hairs will grow back, but it'll start only as a tiny stuble, and may be hard to see, if you have blonde hairs like me. And, actually, shaving every day makes the hairs grow back thicker and more noticeable every time; shaving less often will keep it so that your legs don't look like the have a five-o-clock shadow (I'm serious, I've seen it before).

But don't feel like you have to shave; I didn't start until I was in eighth grade, so don't think you have to shave to be pretty; most people your age dont get dark leg hairs, anyhow.

As for how it feels to the touch... at 11, guys shouldn't be feeling up your legs in the first place. O_o

Miranda_ 10-22-2008 06:15 AM

If you're 11, it's entirely up to you whether or not you start, but unless you've developed body hair, there really doesn't seem a point.

Cutiekins 10-29-2008 02:45 AM

I started shaving when I was 12 and I did an awful job at it. People only noticed my legs cuz of the cuts.

If you do start make sure you use a good razor! I prefer Venus, I haven't gotten a cut since I started using it (5 years ago)!

Lolo27 10-29-2008 06:03 AM

Yes i use venus and i got the tiniest cut which i didn't notice till the next day. I couldn't feel it at all so uh i don't know about other razors but for me, venus hasn't given me a single proper cut.

Miranda_ 10-29-2008 07:47 AM

You should also use a good shave gel and don't use your razor forever; razors get blunt so you must change it every so often, or just the blades if it's one where you do.

Kiwi_Kat 10-31-2008 03:56 PM

im 11 and i feel that i need to shave my legs desperately. i already shave my under arms because i wear a lot of tank tops and spaghetti straps. i think i need to shave because i get made fun of because of my body hair...if i dint i probably wouldn't mind. but the thing is that actually do have a lot of hair on my arms and legs and since i have dark hair its really noticeable.

iluvdolphin6 10-31-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXCookies_R_MineXxX (Post 760980)
im 11 and i feel that i need to shave my legs desperately. i already shave my under arms because i wear a lot of tank tops and spaghetti straps. i think i need to shave because i get made fun of because of my body hair...if i dint i probably wouldn't mind. but the thing is that actually do have a lot of hair on my arms and legs and since i have dark hair its really noticeable.

same with me, i'm in grade 7, i still dont, even though i tell ppl i do. gym is hard.....i use my moms/...............