Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Health Forum The place to discuss health-related issues. This board is for informal discussions only; for personal medical concerns, see your doctor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
barbiegirl103 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to barbiegirl103
Default 02-15-2009, 11:15 AM

I forget when i started shaving. But i would recomed shaving but thats just me. If you do start shaving you should use shaving cream or soap. I heard that if yo use shaving cream or soap it protects your skin from being cut but thats just what i heard. Also i heard that you can use conditioner. It protects your legs and moisturizers it. But just remember you could start breaking out from the type of conitioner or cause of the smell of it. If its your first time i would just stick to shaving with shaving cream or soap. I have noticed tht my hiar on my legs have gotten darker and thicker.I would not shave my arms because i would be afraid that it would coem back darker and thicker. Im on the swim team and swimmer usually do shave everything but i don't. I think i should start. If you do shave everything is there anythign that i should know about it? Help me deside if i should or not!!!!

Last edited by barbiegirl103 : 02-15-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: want to add something
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
x_Minney_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-16-2009, 06:01 AM

I had just shaved my arms earlier because i like wearing sleeveless tops but now i wax my legs.
=P

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl103 View Post
I forget when i started shaving. But i would recomed shaving but thats just me. If you do start shaving you should use shaving cream or soap. I heard that if yo use shaving cream or soap it protects your skin from being cut but thats just what i heard. Also i heard that you can use conditioner. It protects your legs and moisturizers it. But just remember you could start breaking out from the type of conitioner or cause of the smell of it. If its your first time i would just stick to shaving with shaving cream or soap. I have noticed tht my hiar on my legs have gotten darker and thicker.I would not shave my arms because i would be afraid that it would coem back darker and thicker. Im on the swim team and swimmer usually do shave everything but i don't. I think i should start. If you do shave everything is there anythign that i should know about it? Help me deside if i should or not!!!!
Shaving you arms means it will grow back much darker.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-16-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
princessxox1 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Red face shaving - 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM

Well, if you want to shave you should talk to your mom about it. when i wanted to shave my mom said no, but later on, after i told her how i felt, and blah, she said that i was only allowed to wax. though shaving does not hurt- i would wax- after about 4 times you will get used to it, and your hair will be lighter.

Peace, Love, Friendship,
xoxo

Princess
(#24 (permalink))
Old
CH4CHii_B_dAt_CHiCK (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 2.00 Average
Default 05-11-2009, 12:30 AM

in my opinon if the hair on your legs are barley noticable then i wouldnt shave it since no one cant see the hair anyways because if you do start shaving, the hair on your legs will grow quicker and more hair will grow and it will start becoming noticable and also if your leg hair is not noticable i wouldnt waste my time cause trust me once you do start shaving it will start becoming annoying and you would just wish that you didnt have hair on your legs or if there was a world wear girls didnt have to shave their legs just like guys
but if alot of people seem to notice the hair on you legs [in other word you have very dark leg hair] then you should shave but get your mom to help you until you learn
i started shaving at..-thinks-
o.o this year!
im suprised
im 14 and in the 8th grade but my leg hair is dark so before i started shaving i would always cover up my legs or wear jeans so people wouldnt see my hairy legs ..eeekk!!
but those worries are gone (:
well anyways i hope this helped

CREDIT: Kiwi_Kat
Thank you I L.O.V.E it (:
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-11-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
because if you do start shaving, the hair on your legs will grow quicker and more hair will grow and it will start becoming noticable and also if your leg hair is not noticable i wouldnt waste my time cause trust me once you do start shaving it will start becoming annoying and you would just wish that you didnt have hair on your legs or if there was a world wear girls didnt have to shave their legs just like guys
First off, that is a full on myth. The hair does NOT grow faster, and your legs certainly don't miraculously begin sprouting more and more hairs like you seem to think. Your hairs certainly won't get darker either.

On subject, I've been shaving since middle school. Mostly because I felt uncomfortable wearing capris with even remotely hairy legs; my legs had very fine, thin hairs and they still do but I shave anyway because I don't feel right if I leave it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-11-2009, 06:18 AM

What actually happens, is the hair grows back with a blunt top cuz it was cut off. The hair is certainly not thicker and there is not more of it; please don't post stupid myths on here in future.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Hottie2111

Default 05-11-2009, 09:17 AM

actually i started when i was 8 and sometimes it hurts when u cut ur self but it depends on where u did
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ponyboy (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Default 05-11-2009, 03:49 PM

i didn't strat shaving until 8th grade. i just turned 15 in april and i'm in eigth grade. In 7th i didn't shave my legs and put made fun of me because of that. At first my mom didnm't want me shaving until high school but i told her people were picking on me at school for that, she decided to let me shave in 8th grade.

Avatar by saraSKELLINGTONsiggy made by Rameboe and jordanashley
(#29 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM

hmmm.. when did i start shaving?? I do not remember, but ever since i was a little kid i would try to cut my leg hairs with scissors. i think in 7th grade i started sneaking around with my mommy's razor and shave from time to time. in 9th grade i was finally allowed to, but i had already started to shave so it was not a big deal for me. this indian girl from school still has not shaved her legs and lots of kids make fun of her behind her back. I think that is so mean because she has no choice! she is not allowed and i understand how she feels.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM

If you do not like shaving with a razor, you should try Smooth Away. It's not just for your legs, legs, arms [I wouldnt recommend] lips, underarms, and bikini lines.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..